SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They're called Nokian Z. Apparently they're environmentally friendly and have a very long tread life. So does anyone have any idea if they're good?

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Long treadlife equals hard compound equals poor grip. All tyres are a trade off between grip and life expectancy, if you want tyres that last then buy 'em, if you want tyres that grip look for a softer compound.

·
Registered
423 Posts
They're actually an amazing tire. My friend has them on his Audi S4 and they blow away any other performance tire I've ever tried. They're actually really soft and sticky and it's because of the materials used. Tire shops around here in CT have been raving about these and said they're becoming the hot sellers because of treadlife ratings and the non-harmful environmental materials.

My friend had Potenzas on his S4 before these which I played with while new, and the Nokain Z's put them to absolute shame. They shine in wet weather too and it's like driving on velcro on dry roads. I've been shopping around for them as I'm 100% set with getting them in the next month. Also, they're quiet as can be, smooth ride...just absolutely amazing, I cannot say enough positive things about them. After having the Nokian WR's for my winter shoes...over 15k miles on them with little wear at all, I'm all for Nokian tires from here on out. I have to add, that these make the OEM Michelin Primacies that came on my Aero seem like they were almost bald while brand new. I actually just got a nice quote of $185/each balanced and mounted with stems for the Nokians. Not bad at all since I've been getting quotes up to $250/each without balance and mounting.

http://www.nokianz.com

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
I'll hafta look into these for my next set of shoes, I work at a tire store too and get, to quote my manager, "nasty nasty nasty discounts."

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So crypitcal, you got a quote for $185 per tire? I think I might order a set since the price seems reasonable. Right now, I'm considering either the Nokian Z or Toyo Proxes T1-s. Where can I order them and does anybody know of a retailer in Georgia? Also, if I were to order them, how long will it take to ship?

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
I work at NTB and whatever tire we don't have we can get within a day or two. I imagine most other tires shops would have similiar waits.

·
Registered
423 Posts
aero1116 said:
So crypitcal, you got a quote for $185 per tire? I think I might order a set since the price seems reasonable. Right now, I'm considering either the Nokian Z or Toyo Proxes T1-s. Where can I order them and does anybody know of a retailer in Georgia? Also, if I were to order them, how long will it take to ship?
Check out this page: http://www.nokiantires.com/newsite/map.cfm

You can find dealers in your area. That's what I did, just called everywhere in a 100 mile radius and found the best price. I'm going to have a 60 mile trip to get mine, but it's gonna be a fun 60 miles back! :cheesy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts