SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my PNP unit rigged into my center console cup holder on my Prelude. I just sold that and bought an Aero. I don't see a good place to put it now. Just trying to get some ideas. I've seen cupholder mounts online but I'm not sure if thats the only way to go or the way I want to go. I have the audivox PNP with the car kit. As I found out in my prelude mounting the thing with the double stick tape only lasts about 4 days. If anybody has any other ideas I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anybody hook up an iPod yet? That wasn't really an issue when I was looking to buy it, but it'd be nice to have hooked up in there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In case anybody else wants to do this, I thought I'd share my experience. I purchased a pro.fit legend vehicle specific mount. The legends have swivels on them and you can also get them without. Here is a picture after my install:

The mount requires you to remove part of the center console and the radio. The directions are easy to follow and it takes about 10 minutes to get everything apart. There are just two screws to install into the side of the console.. easily done with my mikata. I wired the antenna through the console and down the passenger side of the car and under the floorboard of the trunk. From there I went up under the weather stripping and out where the hatch hinges to put the magnetic anetnna on the roof.

I've had two issues with the install. One is that the swivel of the mount slowly falls as I drive and shake up the receiver. I think I can fix this by redrilling the mount in at a slightly upward angle. I wish you could lock the swivel. The second issu is that I don't like the cig adapter sitting out in plain view since everything else is nice and tidy. I'm still looking for a way to hard wire in the power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts