SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Saab-Service-Repair-Manual-9-3-2003-2004-2005-2006-2007_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ119139QQihZ012QQitemZ220177192860QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

will this cover everything i need to know?

I usually buy the haynes and bently's, but i can't find anything for our particular model.

i am looking for detailed instructions on things like replacing the fuel pump, diagnosing problems, what size sockets to use when staring a job, tips to do the job right, etc...

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Search ebay for SAAB WIS the Workshop Information System.....probably be a pirate version though.

But the one you found is certainly cheap enough that you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
3rd stone from the sun said:
Such a lengthy description of the contents and advantages of the DVD ... with a 9-5 on the cover. :confused:
meh, pictures of the product don't really bother me. I just want something that is extremely detailed when i do my work.

this like:
When i replace the pump, how do i stop the lines from flowing gas?
How do i drain the gas?
Do i need to purge the system?
things like this i found when doing something as simple as replacing the fuel filter on my Jetta, becasue people had made DIY for it. these cars are relatively new to have that type of background info

·
Registered
759 Posts
NO NO NO. You don't want those printed or aftermarket manuals.

Get the Saab WIS DVD:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SAAB-WIS-DVD-Workshop-Information-System-9-3-and-9-5_W0QQitemZ330194295686QQihZ014QQcategoryZ43989QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And the Saab EPC DVD too (not on ebay right now, but often available).

These DVD's are the factory service and parts manuals that the Saab master techs use. They are EXTREMELY detailed including diagrams and descriptions of how systems work. An awesome resource.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
I have a Saab 9-3SS/SC/CV WIS.....

It does most of what you want. But you have to remember these manuals are intended for professional mechanics who are already familiar with Saabs. Some instructions may not be sufficient for a first timer.

Also be aware that these aren't intended for sale in the US market, hence all English instructions are in UK English (abbreviated both as UK and GB). Bonnet = Hood, Boot = Trunk, Wing = Fender, Petrol = Gasoline, Spanner = Wrench, etc.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nickshu said:
NO NO NO. You don't want those printed or aftermarket manuals.

Get the Saab WIS DVD:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SAAB-WIS-DVD-Workshop-Information-System-9-3-and-9-5_W0QQitemZ330194295686QQihZ014QQcategoryZ43989QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And the Saab EPC DVD too (not on ebay right now, but often available).

These DVD's are the factory service and parts manuals that the Saab master techs use. They are EXTREMELY detailed including diagrams and descriptions of how systems work. An awesome resource.
any reason why? That one is 4 times the price? Are the other ones missing information, or are they just a mediocre copy of the original?

·
Registered
759 Posts
robhurlburt said:
any reason why? That one is 4 times the price? Are the other ones missing information, or are they just a mediocre copy of the original?
Probably the same....more expensive for copies vs originals. I bought both DVD's from a Canadian guy on Ebay. They were about $20 each and are an invaluable resource.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts