SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
9.2x

I hope you are correct....Where did you hear this? I hope Saab learned something from this last round of incentives on the 9.2X......PRICE DEFINITELY SELLS CARS!!! The 9.2X linear should be priced under $20k and the Aero (I hope there wil be a 2006 Aero!!) loaded for $25k tops. These cars would continue to sell at those prices!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I actually heard from Saab of Santa Ana that they wouldn't be released until March of Next year but to me that seems a little far off since they start releasing new year models the middle/end of the prior year. They most likely will come with the 2.5 engine like the 06 WRX, so that means our 2.0 Aero's are even more of a rare breed at a one year production run of this 2.0.

Rudi

·
Registered
24 Posts
Model Year Perspective

rdy4flt said:
I actually heard from Saab of Santa Ana that they wouldn't be released until March of Next year but to me that seems a little far off since they start releasing new year models the middle/end of the prior year. They most likely will come with the 2.5 engine like the 06 WRX, so that means our 2.0 Aero's are even more of a rare breed at a one year production run of this 2.0.

Rudi
Internationally, there are countries where model year and calendar year coincide more directly.

In the U.S., recently, for vehicle launches, there have been vehicles that came out, for example, as a MY04 in February 2003 (about six months earlier than the normal pattern).

But in the case of this vehicle there are three things going on:

1) Need to schedule blocks of time in the factory to efficiently manage a very low volume product.
2) Impreza engine changes to both models - the HP upgrade to Linear engine and new 2.5L for Aero. Obviously straight Subaru production will take priority.
3) Poor sales history in the absence of the generous incentives of recent months suggests need to redo marketing/pricing/contenting strategy

It could be that if this program is not cancelled, they could bring out either or both of the cars next spring and they could either be late '06s or early '07s.

Over on www.saab9-2x.com, there is a poster saying that he believes the program is cancelled.

It's going to be a rare car no matter what, but I'd suggest that anyone who wants one buy it now. The incentives on the '06 will probably be less generous. If they continue, I'm sure Saab'll make fewer vehicles as well as adjusting the price somewhat downward, but probably not at the rock bottom levels we're seeing now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I sure hope they dont discontinue the 2006 model, they were looking pretty promising and I know an executive that works for GM that woulda hooked me up good. :roll:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Saab9-2x_FireResponder said:
I sure hope they dont discontinue the 2006 model, they were looking pretty promising and I know an executive that works for GM that woulda hooked me up good. :roll:
Unless you're a powertrain snob, and assuming the 2006 has only powertrain changes, why wouldn't you buy now? The employee discount is only available for parents, grandparents, and siblings, and steps of that degree, not including the current first-time, maybe once-only deal. Your 2006 hookup is unlikely to be anywhere near as good, because your connection may only be able to get you supplier pricing, which is close to invoice, whereas employee is always below invoice.

Even if you want an Aero manual, some dealers might still get some in from the last cars to arrive at dealer lots.

·
Registered
161 Posts
It's not discontinued. New for 06 is a 10 hp jump on the naturally aspirated engine (175 hp, up from 165), the turbocharged Aero model is dropped (as suspected), and you can get Xenon's in Canada in the Premium package.

I'd wager the Aero model got the axe because the 9-3 Sport Combi is out now, and they didn't want overlap.

By the way, there is no "linear" and "aero" models anymore, just "9-2x."

·
Registered
181 Posts
Grimace said:
It's not discontinued. New for 06 is a 10 hp jump on the naturally aspirated engine (175 hp, up from 165), the turbocharged Aero model is dropped (as suspected), and you can get Xenon's in Canada in the Premium package.

I'd wager the Aero model got the axe because the 9-3 Sport Combi is out now, and they didn't want overlap.

By the way, there is no "linear" and "aero" models anymore, just "9-2x."
It's a shame.

·
Registered
17 Posts
hi Grimace, he is right. I called Saab ... the 1 888 number, spoke to two different people (at two different occasion), they said there is only one model of 9 2-X, which is just the Linear with 175 hp. No Aero. But in a few years, they will come out with a new model of 9 2-X... that will be entirely new and not base of the WRX or impreza.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Sounds like the same things I've heard. Now the speculation begins on what chassis the next generation will be based off of.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Aero no more, but Linear continuing

Here are two notes from two different dealers on the Aero for next year

".....They are only discontinuing the Aero for next year because the 9-3 is coming in a wagon. They are still building the Linear 9-2x for 2006. This wont affect the residual and may make it hold stronger money than the linear since they will be more rare. I have a black 9-2x with tinted windows that has been used as a non-licensed demo that I would sell for $32950 if interested...."

"....I have only one 9-2X Aero left with leather. It has an automatic transmission. The price is $34011, less a $1000 demonstrator credit (the car is a demo, I am not sure the kms. It will be between 5000 and 12000 kms.) The car is Satin Grey with the black and tan leather interior. Just to clarify the details, the 9-2X is not discontinued next year. They are dropping the aero designation, but the 9-2X continues. The original price for the car was over $43000, so the $10000 discount is the depreciation amount built into the sale price...."
BTW - anyone have thoughts on buying a demo? and do you know what "non-licensed demo" means?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Non-licenced demo means it has never been titled (you'd be the first owner). Sometimes they are titled under the dealership.

I'd expect more than $1000 off for a demo though.

I tried the online vehicle locator (I gave details of it in the other thread you posted in) and I found several Aeros in the region. I'd keep looking.

·
Registered
6 Posts
wubwus said:
Here are two notes from two different dealers on the Aero for next year

".....They are only discontinuing the Aero for next year because the 9-3 is coming in a wagon. They are still building the Linear 9-2x for 2006. This wont affect the residual and may make it hold stronger money than the linear since they will be more rare. I have a black 9-2x with tinted windows that has been used as a non-licensed demo that I would sell for $32950 if interested...."

"....I have only one 9-2X Aero left with leather. It has an automatic transmission. The price is $34011, less a $1000 demonstrator credit (the car is a demo, I am not sure the kms. It will be between 5000 and 12000 kms.) The car is Satin Grey with the black and tan leather interior. Just to clarify the details, the 9-2X is not discontinued next year. They are dropping the aero designation, but the 9-2X continues. The original price for the car was over $43000, so the $10000 discount is the depreciation amount built into the sale price...."
BTW - anyone have thoughts on buying a demo? and do you know what "non-licensed demo" means?
It is 5-spds that are hot, not autos. Forget it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
06 9.2x

I work at a Saab Dealership in Maryland. I received information today from Saab that indicates (to me anyway) that there WILL be a 2006 9.2X Aero. No specifics but the model designations (205 - Linear & 255 - Aero) were used in some internal information. No prices or specifications but I really think both models will be available at least in the good ole USA.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts