SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought the paint from the dealer, the brush doesn't look like they can do fine works like chips etc,

Can any one recommend a good chip/ scratch repair product? Cheers! :D

X

·
0 Posts
Pop into Woolies and get your self a really fine art brush, you can always trim a few bristles off. The real key is to make sure the paint and the bit you are painting is warm as this allows the paint to flow not clog. Do a number of thin coats rather than one thick one. You only need leave about 15 - 20 mins between each coat. ;)

I am sure I have read that Halfords do a scratch/chip repair kit, but I have no idea how it is.

Finn :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
How deep are the scratches? T-Cut do a polish that also comes with a scratch repair stick. You simply rub the stick over the scratch and then t-cut it. This is ok for minor scratches but wont really make much difference on anything more serious.

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Finn said:
I am sure I have read that Halfords do a scratch/chip repair kit, but I have no idea how it is.

Finn :)
They do, but the only Saab colour they do is black. You can get touch up paints or aerosols made up by them if you know your colour code, but after trying 4 different Halfrauds on the same day, they all came up with some BS story why they couldn't mix my colour. I ended up getting a genuine Saab touch up pen on ebay for £2.00. :cool:

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL, sounds like the typical Halfords staff attitude :roll: .

I've got the touch up pencil, will try some art brushes. What's a T-cut?

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
You use T-Cut to restore faded paintwork, its abrasive and removes a thin layer of paint to restore the shine.:eek: A last gasp option for wrecked paintwork.:(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts