SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my mechanic is pretty sure he has a used turbo lying around that he can sell me, so i'm thinking i can get that, and run it until i have the money for a rebuild, then get mine rebuilt (or, if it's bad enough, get the new one rebuilt and keep the broken one on my car :lol: ) any recommendations? i have no idea where to even look for a turbo rebuilder, cuz there aren't any around here... i'm willing to ship it wherever

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ooh, and he's not too far away... heck, i could drive down there... i think :lol: still, i hope the rebuilds cost less than the new turbos :eek:

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yah... i was thinking about that earlier... would that T3 with the 60 A/R be too much for my stock engine? (referring to this one)

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha, i saw that one, but it's used, and i have no idea what kinda condition its in... i mean, don't get me wrong, it could be in great condition, but i want something that i know is gonna last me a good long while (not to mention that turbos gonna be gone by the time i have $300 anyway :x )

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Er, how much do you think a rebuild is going to cost?
<edit>I've a used turbo on my car, bought from JimmyG from saabcentral. It was a known good unit. Working perfect. Surely there must be someone in the states who can sell you a known good unit. Put an ad in the classifieds anyway. </edit>

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i found a rebuilt unit for $400 :confused: (at blaast performance)

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Evergreen Turbos, in (SL)Ocala FL (i.e. 40 minutes from me) is also well known in some circles. Supposedly his father/grandfather worked at Garrett when they started doing turbos. He has all the toys (I have been in his shop before; not recommended trip if you car is lowered) to build and balance turbos and is willing to listen to you and throw ideas about what you should do to reach what you want. In fact, unless it is a garden-variety rebuild, you want to be able to tell him everything about your engine, including flow figures and where you want to be HP-wise. He was also willing to put a large wheel in a factory compressor housing so nobody would, at first glance, know you were up to no good. :cheesy:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts