SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2003 9-3 Vector needs a new front left wheel bearing hub assembly and one of the brands I have found is Timken.

Needless to say, the aftermarket parts are nearly 1/3 if not less than the cost of the dealer. However, I am obviously concerned about doing the right research to rule out any potential incompatibilities.

Does anyone know if these are good bearings/wheel hub assemblies? The retailer told me that these are guaranteed for life and that once you put it on the car, you will never need to change it. That sounded pretty good.

What he couldn't tell me is if the Timken assembly that he is selling comes with a speed sensor that works 100% like the factory original part. Imaginably this effects the traction control and abs?

Does anyone whether this brand is compatible that way?

Here is the link to the part I am considering
http://www.wheelbearingwarehouse.com/item.wws?sku=513191&itempk=239691&mfr=TIMKEN&weight=3

·
Registered
434 Posts
Hi- I just changed my left front hub with a Timken replacement. Part was made in Germany (if that means anything good or bad), no troubles with the abs light, etc. Seems to be a good quality part, so far.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts