SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to install my 3" DP and subframe brace on the lift the other day and my mechanic noticed a pretty good sized hole near the back of my exhaust! Looks like the muffler was rubbing against the parking brake cable causing the hole! Im assuming it was from lowering the car!

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
hmmm, you didn't hear any differeance?

I'll go check mine to see if there are any signs of this. What springs do you have?

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
no problems for me, I just checked.

·
Registered
106 Posts
My Saab is not lowered but when i went to replace the stock exhaust with the Saab sport exhaust i realized the stock had a big dent right where your hole is.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
its gotta be. Mine that is lowered by 1.2" is fine, no problems at all!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i got the vogtland springs that lower 35mm which is equal 1.378"

maybe this explains why sometimes my parking brake doesnt grab? i have to lift it like 3 or 4 times sometimes!

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I would think this could definatly be connected to your parking brake. It may be getting hung up on the exhaust. Next time you have a problem, see how the real wheels are fitting in the wheelwell. If you're parked in such a way that they are up farther, this might make it harder to use the park brake.

It is odd that the extra .18" would even make a difference. Just for referance, is this the stock Saab exhaust or what?

·
Registered
106 Posts
So i crawled under my Saab this weekend to put on the new sway bar and the exhuast has definately started to melt by brake cable a little too, and my Saab isnt lowered.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Interesting.......

Do you think this hole could be the cause of my hesitation/power loss issue im having? Backpressure related!

At WOT i can hear the exhaust leaking out of the hole.

Nonetheless I guess that just means new exhaust from dp to muffler :cheesy:

Should i do 2.5" or 3" from dp to muffler??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts