SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2006 9-3, auto, with the wood grain interior trim. I'll post pics later on, but I'd like to swap over to the machine aluminum peices. Is anyone interested in doing the swap? What's the chance of finding them in a junkyard or ordering them online?

Just trying to cover my options.

Thanks.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Here's what I have.

The doors look like this:

Here's the center shifter area, but mine is the automatic version:

Plus I beleive there are some other peices as well that have the same wood pattern on them. I like the wood trim in my wife's 9-7x, but that interior is the beige with black accents, so the wood trim looks good, but on my 9-3 with the grey interior, it just doesn't match in my opinion.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Heh, wish this was the other way around. Especially since we apparently live right around the corner from each other.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heh, wish this was the other way around. Especially since we apparently live right around the corner from each other.
So you have the wood interior accents too? I may end up just removing them and having them painted or powdercoated if I can't find any other options.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts

Yeah i dig the cf stuff too :)

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Same as i did the other stuff, 3m carbon wrap vinyl :)

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Paul, your post and mine are a great way to compare NeffyWrap (mine) to 3m CF (yours). both look great in my opinion.

·
Registered
123 Posts
i would take your wood grain, but i have the all black pieces, and i dont know if you would trade for that.... i have a linear if that helps.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, after pulling a door panel off, I see that the trim peices are actually melted onto the door. So to swap with someone would take some creativity with getting the peices back on as the removal instructions are to drill out the mounting tabs.

I just ordered some 3M carbon fiber wrap, and I'm going to cover the peices and see how it looks. If it comes out well, some more items may get covered.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Sorry to be of tocic, but does anyone else find it interesting that a user named "The Alchemist" is trying to trade his wood trim for metal. Perhaps he is trying to be the first with GOLD trim. That is, of course, dependent on how good he is at alchemy.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry to be of tocic, but does anyone else find it interesting that a user named "The Alchemist" is trying to trade his wood trim for metal. Perhaps he is trying to be the first with GOLD trim. That is, of course, dependent on how good he is at alchemy.
Pretty funny observation. I'm a pharma chemist, but fact is, my trade and background has roots in historical alchemy, and they were called alchemists back then, now we are referred to as simply 'chemists'.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, after a long time of dragging my feet, and having the 3M wrap just sitting in my garage, I finally wrapped the wood peices with the faux carbon fiber. I ended up cutting the peice for the shifter too small and didn't have any left to redo it, so I pulled a little too much on it and caused it to look wavy. I plan to order more and redo it plus possible do some other peices in the car since it's so so easy to work with.
The pictures aren't the best, but you get the idea.

....and here's the center shifter console. Yes, I know it's f'ed up, but like I said, I pulled on it a little too much when wrapping it, and caused it to look wavy. I'm ordering more and will redo it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts