SaabCentral Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking at the members map and realized we've got a strong amount of 93's in the "Tri-State" area. i missed out on the meet up in the NE @ the poconos about a month or so ago and also missed out on the SOC up in jersey this past week(?). I was interested in getting a meet together before winter, but if we cant get it before then, this up coming spring 2012.

Tri-State 93 thread: http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214426&highlight=members

Tri-State 93 Members Map: (about 25 strong ;ol;)

if anyone is interested or has any ideas about a meet, please chime in.

this would be open to any saabs, not just 93's!

I've never put together a meet, so any input is welcomed and encouraged. i would be looking to make it a southeast Pa location, around philadelphia or just outside, seeing that its basically the central area for Pa, Nj, Ny and Md.

so..

What would be a good location near Philadelphia?
How far are people willing to travel? (those in Md, Ny and Nj)
What would be a good date & time? (Fall 2011 or Spring 2012)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
im down for this, how is saturday september 10th?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I've got a meet im going to on 9/10, Porsche & Ferrari's, so dont want to miss out on that.:lol: (it's in Blue Bell, Pa. PM me if you want info on it!)

9/17, 9/18, 9/24 or 9/25 would be dates i could do it.

about location, im thinking Tony Luke's in Philadelphia, i attened a huge Beemer Meet there and it can hold 100+ cars easy, so we wouldnt have a problem. This is just an idea, if anyone else thinks somewhere else is better, chime in. we dont HAVE to meet in Philly, we could hit up a suburb surrounding it, King of Prussia Mall could be an option too

Option 1
some info on Tony Lukes:

Parking - the best place to park is next to the Tony Lukes restaurant, under I-95. There are at least a few hundred parking spaces so parking will not be an issue. There is also a small parking lot across the street for about 20 cars.

Eating - Across the street from the restaurant is the "steak shop". There will be quite a line but it will be worth the wait. The restaurant

Option 2
For King of Prussia:

the is a HUGE lot next to the IMAX theater there, plenty of parking, but food and drink would need to be brought, or go for a ride to get some.

Address would be: 300 Goddard Blvd, King of Prussia, Pa. 19406

quick idea of the location...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im in for something mid sept or end of oct.
sweet, your cool with coming up to philly, would KOP be cool too?

nice, any of the other pocono guys interested??

im going to spread this around a bit and maybe make it a "EURO" meet, since i dont see this being anymore than 5-10 saabs.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Im sure would go as long as he has the day off. Same with myself. Plus I wanna go to Ikea down there so this is a good excuse.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Ikea is right outside Philly more towards the northern side. Ill go to either place tho. Ikea just has some good Swedish meatballs.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Just realized this, Allentown looks more central for everyone. And if possible if we can set this up a few weeks in advance, gives me a chance to get off work

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
lol, i was just about to say ikea, its about 3 miles from where my dads old apartment was, the ikea off of 476

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
keep in mind you guys got the easy 2 hour drive i got 3 going to philly, king of prussia is easier for me allentown is way out of the way. i was hopping we could do king of prussia because that way i can get ben to meet us and i can get my brake bracket and headlight from him at the meet.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
ill meet anywhere. Kop, Allentown, Ikea. Its all roughly 2 hr away
As long as we set this up a few weeks in advance so i can take care of work

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
ya know what, lets have it at KOP. I forgot Bahama Breeze is there. Its a restraunt with a good brownie and mouse dessert. I want some

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
hahah u do realize IA i the 18th so i would not be down for that weekend seeing as IA is only the biggest east coast meet organization ever :D and h20 is the following weekend, but i might skip h20 so i would probably down for that if not then the 1st and 2nd would work.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hahah u do realize IA i the 18th so i would not be down for that weekend seeing as IA is only the biggest east coast meet organization ever :D and h20 is the following weekend, but i might skip h20 so i would probably down for that if not then the 1st and 2nd would work.
all good, just putting some dates out there. the later it is, it gives people more time to get off work and clear the date. as long as its not pushed back into november, im down:lol: so looks like early/mid october would be best?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.