SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what gets thrown into the deal when you purchase with IDS and you travel to Trollhatten to fetch your car?

Do they provide travel and hotel expenses?

Dr. C

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dr. Caramba said:
Do they provide travel and hotel expenses?
I can't see how You can avoid to end up paying for that - in one way or another. My experience is that International Diplomat Sales actually charges You indirectly for delivering the vehicle to You. However, You're only a phone call away from getting info in this matter (=call Trollhättan).

On http://www.saab.com/main/GLOBAL/en/ids_customized_delivery.shtml, I've found the following:
"It's all up to you. You decide when and where you want your Saab to be delivered, and we'll make sure it gets there. We have several delivery points throughout Europe and most of them are situated in prominent capitals. Either your Saab can be delivered before you leave, or we can arrange for it to be ready for you at your point of arrival. If you choose to collect your car in Trollhättan - the hometown of Saab - you can look forward to an unforgettable experience. And moreover, it's free of charge. If you prefer to have your new car delivered to North America, Saab can ship it directly from the plant to any US dealer (US specification only.)"

Good luck with Your purchase!

·
Registered
240 Posts
When i went with my parents in like 2000 they gave us a 1 night stay in trollhatten (sorry cant spell lol) ride from the airport, a meal and a continental breakfast. Then we drove down to amsterdam to drop it off at the port, and take a good vacation as long as we got the free trip there. But you can just take the keys and give it back too if you dont want to brave driving in europe.

·
Banned
2,175 Posts
The specifics may vary by country.

The US distributor offers one night hotel and dinner in Trollhattan free except on certain Sundays where it is offered in Gothenburg. They also offer a taxi free from the hotel to Trollhattan.

The details from other countries may be different. I heard that the program in Canada and Australia only offers shipping to a limited number of ports, not the local dealer in Canada or Australia. In fact, I heard that the Canadian program only offers delivery to the port of Halifax, which is far from several large Canadian cities.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
The US website provides all the details: SAAB European Delivery I'm picking up my new 2006 Aero in about 2 weeks in Trollhättan on the 30th of September. SAAB USA provides $2,000 for you to use however you like, plus if you take delivery in Trollhättan they put you up in a hotel the night before your delivery, feed you a gourmet dinner at the hotel, pick you up from the airport or train station and deliver you from the hotel to the delivery center in the morning. The purchase price is direct from SAAB USA and is non negotiable - your local dealer only acts as SAAB USA's agent for the process. The purchase price is discounted approximately 8-9% from MSRP. There are some additional fees if you pick up your SAAB someplace other than Trollhättan or if you drop off at other locations. The website I linked to at the beginning of this post has all of the details you would want.

Since you're in Prague, the details of your program will be different. SAAB Cars Czech has a section on International and Diplomat sales. If that isn't enough information I'd contact your local dealer or the Czech importer.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Rob in Atlanta said:
The US website provides all the details: SAAB European Delivery I'm picking up my new 2006 Aero in about 2 weeks in Trollhättan on the 30th of September. SAAB USA provides $2,000 for you to use however you like, plus if you take delivery in Trollhättan they put you up in a hotel the night before your delivery, feed you a gourmet dinner at the hotel, pick you up from the airport or train station and deliver you from the hotel to the delivery center in the morning. The purchase price is direct from SAAB USA and is non negotiable - your local dealer only acts as SAAB USA's agent for the process. The purchase price is discounted approximately 8-9% from MSRP. There are some additional fees if you pick up your SAAB someplace other than Trollhättan or if you drop off at other locations. The website I linked to at the beginning of this post has all of the details you would want.
Sounds like a phenomenal deal. Saab gives you $2,000 USD and then you're essentially given another $3000 USD off the sticker price. And there' no haggling on price! Sounds like a recent deal, especially if you want to visit Sweden!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts