SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience/recomendations on using alternate air filters with the 2.0T? Do you get improved noticeable performance gains of any sort?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I would simply go with K&N. I tried the Simota Air Filter and went back to stock with a K&N drop-in filter.....

Gains are nominal, if any. You can only achieve a true gain if you swap out more components in your car and tune the ECU.

Paul

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
There are supposedly some dry drop-in filters in development that will offer less restriction than pleated paper without the sacrifice in filtration quality. It has been a while since anyone posted updates on this.

Filters do not offer improved performance in any measurable way. One thing we do know is the stock filter does a good job of keeping particulates out of the oil.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
This has been discussed for days, basically your going to get a bit more "Sound". Do a quck search on K&N 57i, Simota and Optiflow for various reviews and potential problems (especially with the 57i).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks folks...

Sounds like this isn't really money worth spending unless it is part of an overall enhancement that calls for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts