SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally plugged the stereo system back together for testing and it keeps asking for the pass code after I turn the key off. I found the yellow anti-theft box aftee pulling the dash forward some and it is constantly clicking about 4 or 5 per second. My Tech2 with v44.000 has no anti-theft option and none of the other MY will communicate. What should I do with this thing, bypass it? The stereo will not work but I can start the car.

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
Check your PM.

Alarm box will not answer to TECH2 when it is turned ON. Bad thing is that you can not prevent turning on, because it will turn on after 30-300secs when you remove ignition key.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Reyengoth this ol' thread might help you

Mimmi, I'm guessing a nuance of language differences --
My Tech2 (chinese clone) can reprogram many of the settings on my VSS to include how long after ignition shut off it activates.

I haven't "asked" my tech2 if it can disable the alarm -- that would be amazing if it were so simple...

I've heard there's more than one version of the V44.xxx and maybe you don't have the best loaded pcmcia? I've also heard some of the chinese clone cards are spotty...

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The system changed in 1995 so the options are a bit different. It looks like the 1994 was in-between changes between the early and late model security setups. The alarm box has 16 flat pins and does not match the manual supposedly for the 1994 which shows 30-ish pins and a skinny/long connector similar to the EDU connector.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts