SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed for the last week or so my anti lock brake light comes on intermittently,one day its on and then after about 20 min of driving it would go off and then other days it wouldnt even come on, 2day coming back from school i noticed it was on the entire way home, when i got closer to my house, i slammed the brakes hard on a side street and my tires locked up, i slid down the road at 20 mph!! Tires squealed and i left tire marks. What could be the problem with the anti lock brakes?? Is there a fuse or relay that controls the anti lock brakes or is it something mechanical with the brake system altogether. Hope its not expensive 2 fix i was going to order samco hoses in the next day or 2

Imran

·
Registered
83 Posts
When the light is on the ABS is disabled. Its probably a wheel sensor. I unplugged all mine, checked the resistance and found one which was open circuit, replaced it and the problem went away.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Viking99 said:
When the light is on the ABS is disabled. Its probably a wheel sensor. I unplugged all mine, checked the resistance and found one which was open circuit, replaced it and the problem went away.
Good advice.

The only thing I would add is that it's very difficult to diagnose a wheel sensor that is failing intermittently. That was my problem at it was driving me crazy. I checked all the wheel sensors for resistance and they were within spec. I had read that the left front wheel sensor is usually the one that goes, so I replaced that one with a used wheel sensor and the problem went away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts