SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just replaced the alternator mount bushings and tensioner bushings because they were totally shot. But the sound is still there. It is a harmonic rattle/vibration at 2500rpms to 3000rpms its not as loud but still there.My friend thinks it is the alternator pully/alternator that is bad. what do you guys think? has anyone else heard a weird harmonic vibration like metal on metal or a loose bolt or something. I took it to a shop and had him listen to it. I poped the hood and held the throttle cable down until hearing it. he thought it was the bushings. so... any help would be excellent!

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is that a tough job to do, and where might I find the crank pulley? Im waiging to get my bentley in a few days. The chilton is worse than having no manual at all! Thanks for the reply as well.

david

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did a little research on the crank pulley AKA harmonic balancer and realized I had that replaced 2 years ago. should be fine I hope! considering it requires taking the engine out. Must be something else...

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The car has always made this nose. then about 2 years ago I had enough of the right driver seal leaking gear oil onto the exhaust manifold and smoking like a chimney. So i had the seals replaced. when I took it to the mechanic he took the engine out and replaced all the seals and harmonic balancer oil pump and some other things. when it was all put back together it still made that noise. and the belts dont slip. I hear it the worst when slowing down from 3500rpms to 2500rpms

1 - 7 of 7 Posts