SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My amp1 fried due to water and i realized it would be much cheaper to just install a bypass and then replace my door speakers and add an aftermarket amp, which wouldn't be installed in the stupidest possible location!(good work saab engineers).
Would those colored wires still be there to tap into if i am running a bypass or is it just going to be the fiber optic cable? I'm assuming the latter, in which case i can't do this.

Edit: Is it possible that signal going to the rear shelf speakers would have everything necessary for the door speakers?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Since nobody answered I guess I'll have to see for myself if those rear shelf speaker cables carry the proper signal for door speakers. I ordered two door speakers and a 400w amp. I also ordered the fiber optic loop connector, to do a bypass. If the rear shelf speakers don't carry the proper signal my backup plan is to run my iphone directly to the amp so that i can at least have a full range of speakers while on aux. Because i already have a subwoofer set up, which tapped into amp1, which is getting bypassed things will get tricky if the rear shelf speakers carry only part of the signal. Here is a rough draft of what i plan to do.

A1 is the new 400w amp which will power the two new door speakers
A2 is my old amp, which powers the subwoofer
purple thing is my iphone
the grey circles indicate adapters

I will have a male to two female adapter plugged into my iphone
that splits off into one end which will go into my cars standard aux port, giving sound to all speakers except the doors and the subwoofer.
The other end goes into an aux to rca cable adapter, which then horrendously splits into two female to double male adapters(hoping this won't distort the sound quality like crazy). These go into the amps and from there its obvious.

This is all if the rear shelf speakers signal doesn't work out.
It is all also just temporary until i can find a cheap amp1. I'm not really spending wasteful money on anything other than the cheap adapters, because i already had an amp kit lying around, and the new amp / speakers can be used once i get my amp1 back anyways. They will have a proper signal at that point from amp1, but still be powered by the more powerful new amp.

Ill let you guys know how it goes.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is a fiber optic system so no, you can't bypass all of the amps that way. It would require a complete audio overhaul. Thanks aerojon that was the answer i needed. I guess until someone parts out and i snag a cheap amp1 i will do this ridiculous setup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts