1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a twin for my Yoda

At the moment my daily driver is a
grey 1993 five door manual 900t w/lucas and light grey leather interior

My light grey is showing sign's of gearbox problems, and has paint comming off on the roof, has rust in bonnet and in the opera rear windows.

and just picked up a
charcoal 1993 five door 900t w/lucas and dark (buffallo) leather interior.

charcoal has unknown gearbox issues (bought cheap) and I have a spare GB, great paint, except for damage on bonnet.

Plan is to slowly do the charcoal up either till its ready and as I want it, or it will be a get on road quick, once the other car ****s its gearbox.

all in all very happy :D

photos shortly.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Welcome to the sickness...my wife has been told my dozen are my version of a midlife crisis. Much cheaper than divorce, a girlfriend, or taking to the bottle. Transmission rebuild should be the priority, so it will be ready for whichever one will need the transplant.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the sickness...my wife has been told my dozen are my version of a midlife crisis. Much cheaper than divorce, a girlfriend, or taking to the bottle. Transmission rebuild should be the priority, so it will be ready for whichever one will need the transplant.
I have two ready to go in.
not rebuilt, but was great when in car it was removed from

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the sickness...my wife has been told my dozen are my version of a midlife crisis. Much cheaper than divorce, a girlfriend, or taking to the bottle.

Ive actually cut down substantially in the last 3 years I have gotten rid off

1982 alfasud
1974 citroen DS
1980 saab 900 gli
1980 saab 900 turbo
1991 saab 900i
1986 saab 9000 turbos x 2
and a 1994 9000 2.3

now all I have is
2X 1993 900T

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Like!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
One more ,
AHHHH Sven ;ol;

Congrats ... I happen to *know* this vehicle in that I watched it with keen interest recently .. the rego labels on the windscreen gave it away ;ol;.

I will be fascinated to see what you find, as it struck me at the time as a particularly nice example and I was conscious of it being Mitsy turbo and lucas inj ...not so common in our parts to find 93 turbos . I perhaps would have competed with you but the 16, or whatever number it is , out the back, and commonsense eventually said NO ! It was certainly Value.

I also had a friend very interested but he ended deciding to keep following his desire for an Aero .

THE UNKNOWN Gearbox ...

I was all but convinced having spoke with the owner that the issue lay within shift adjustments .. In fact this was my main interest , that I suspected ( never inspected ) an easy fix ...

I hope for your sake it as simple as I suspect it may be :D

Glad to see it fond a devotee.. lots of merit from what I saw and read .

Good Luck

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
One more ,
AHHHH Sven ;ol;

Congrats ... I happen to *know* this vehicle in that I watched it with keen interest recently .. the rego labels on the windscreen gave it away ;ol;.

I will be fascinated to see what you find, as it struck me at the time as a particularly nice example and I was conscious of it being Mitsy turbo and lucas inj ...not so common in our parts to find 93 turbos . I perhaps would have competed with you but the 16, or whatever number it is , out the back, and commonsense eventually said NO ! It was certainly Value.

I also had a friend very interested but he ended deciding to keep following his desire for an Aero .

THE UNKNOWN Gearbox ...

I was all but convinced having spoke with the owner that the issue lay within shift adjustments .. In fact this was my main interest , that I suspected ( never inspected ) an easy fix ...

I hope for your sake it as simple as I suspect it may be :D

Glad to see it fond a devotee.. lots of merit from what I saw and read .

Good Luck
Yes he is Sven,
he had a little bit of damage on the bonnet that was never mentioned and there is a hole in the drivers side seat, I didn't notice it till I got home, but other than that I am very happy, and yes it will be great if it is only the linkages.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
One more ,
I perhaps would have competed with you but the 16, or whatever number it is , out the back, and commonsense eventually said NO ! It was certainly Value.
when I read this I thought you meant you had a 16v out the back, then I realized you meant you had 16 or so cars :eek: well done ;)

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
when I read this I thought you meant you had a 16v out the back, then I realized you meant you had 16 or so cars :eek: well done ;)
Lol .. The only thing I have done well is help medicos right a clinical description of a hoarder ...

First symptom, The saying .......... It will come in handy one day ...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts