SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just replaced my full exhaust with a 3 in Dp and sport cat from genuine and could not get the second o2 sensor off the rear part of the exhaust because it was so rusted being prone to moister, being right under the car and such. so i go to the dealer and try to get a new one. the guy gave me a price. I thought it wouldnt be more than 100 bucks. come to find out $235!. so I'm like shocked in my head so i ask the question again "how much?" lol and the guy is like its a little pricy so im like i guess ill be back. Not! i go home look online and went to autozone.com and found a bosch one 100 bucks cheaper, and its suppose to be better then the old one. its like come on. dealers suck. the end

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Sometimes...

I've found that the dealers near me mark up their "regular maintenance" parts quite a bit.

Things like brake pads, rotors, O2 sensors, and other bits that would normally be replaced and stocked by the parts dept tend to be ridiculously priced.

However, Sometimes I'll get a close price at the dealer (like 5-10 dollars more) and I wont have to pay shipping. It's paid off in some instances, but not in others.

My wife actually figured this out...I gave her the websites, phone numbers, and parts numbers and she loved the bargain hunting!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Always ask for their "best" price, and tell them you're shopping online for genuine parts. I can usually get the local guys to match online prices. Bottom line though, most stealerships stink.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts