SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago I posted a message about a missing center cap on my wheel hub. I had it replaced at my dealer for $20 bucks. Not a huge cost...but $20 is $20. Well, today I got home and in the mail was a check for the cost of the emblem.

It's a small gesture, but it goes a long way.

Kelly Cadillac Saab in Lancaster, PA USA.

(This is the same place i took my car to get the Aux-in installed, and they did it without question.)

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I had a similar experience a few years ago. I had taken my 900S into Jim Ellis SAAB of Atlanta for the 90,000 mile service. The car was way out of warranty. My 900S has manual climate control with two large control knobs - one for temperature and one for ventilation outlet selection. The temperature control knobs in the NG900's are somewhat known for being a bit tempermental and binding - leading to a broken knob. Mine had broken once before and I had replaced it. It broke a second time and I planned to make a reccomended repair to help with the problem. The knob was broken when I brought it in for the service. I didn't mention it to the service advisor, since I planned to fix it myself. Well.... when the car was returned, the knob was replaced and the service advisor said they had performed the reccomended repair to prevent the problem in the future - GRATIS! I was very amazed and gratified. Of course, I had paid enough for the 90,000 mile service to warrant some extra attention. Still, this was a nice gesture. Jim Ellis SAAB charges a bit more than an independent, but I have always had excellent service and have received "above and beyond" service from them.

Another little tidbit about their excellent service occurred when my seat belt retractor gave up the ghost at 175,000 miles. I got a replacement retractor from English-Swedish Spares and repaired it myself. However, in the changeout, I tripped the Supplemental Restraint System warning, so I was getting a warning message in my SID everytime I started the vehicle. I dropped by on a slow day to the service department at Jim Ellis. I gave them my story and asked if they could reset my SRS warning. The service advisor popped outside with a Tech II and reset it while I was waiting. Again, no charge.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts