SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, if you go over a bump and you fill like the whole car is coming apart...read on.
Open the sunroof and all windows.
Get out of the car.
Look from the top thru the sunroof whole. The headliner is attached around the sunroof whole thru a U joint type of deal. Well on my car there was gap between the portion of that U and the metal. I took some double sided foam tap and shoved it everywhere all around.
Tape killed the sound of the headliner plastic U-jont banging against the fram of the sunroof.

ONe more rattle to go.......somewhere in the passenger seat....

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
this actually sounds like it could help me, My problem rattle is this:

I leave the sunroof screen closed because if I leave it open there is a constant rattle.. if closed no rattle. I would love some more detail of where you put this tape also as I have the day off tomorrow and would love to fix this.

·
Super Moderator
20,432 Posts
CallipNCSUsaab said:

I leave the sunroof screen closed because if I leave it open there is a constant rattle.. if closed no rattle. I would love some more detail of where you put this tape also as I have the day off tomorrow and would love to fix this.
I have the same problem. Sounds like it's coming from above the passenger seat.

·
Registered
19 Posts
CallipNCSUsaab said:

My '06 93 is a week old and this exact same sunroof rattle is the only negative I've experienced. I too have been keeping the sunroof screen closed. No rattle when it's closed. Is this something that my Saab dealer can fix, or is foam tape the only fix? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
ocluanain said:
My '06 93 is a week old and this exact same sunroof rattle is the only negative I've experienced. I too have been keeping the sunroof screen closed. No rattle when it's closed. Is this something that my Saab dealer can fix, or is foam tape the only fix? Thanks.
Are you getting a rattle or a creak? My '06 sunroof creaks when I go over rough pavement - like two pieces of plastic rubbing against each other. I also notice a fair bit of windnoise from the sunroof when I'm above 75mph or so. If I close the shade on the sunroof, I can't hear the noise. Luckily have had absolutely no rattles whatsoever.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm not sure what the difference between a rattle and a creak is, but I brought my car into the service deptment this morning. We took it out for a spin, he heard the rattle (squeak) and applied insulating tape to plastic trim and shade. No more noise coming from the sun roof!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
EPa said:
schernov I am trying to address my sunroof rattle too, and the link to your photo doesn't work any more. Could you please re-provide the photo?
sorry man, i dont have the car any more. but if the rattle is here:
open the sunroof and look from the top... look at the side towards the windshield. There is a black molding that wraps around and sits against metal. Most likely it is loose...shove some foam tape between it and metal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts