SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying now to track down my trans cooler leak for a few months now. It's not coming from the metal loop cooler part but from the line somewhere near the front. It doesn't APPEAR to be the connections from the cooling loop to the hoses but it is somewhere on the front right. The leak is getting worse and I'm at my wits end. Can anyone even point me to the replacement loop and hoses? I've not had any luck tracking them down online but maybe I'm not searching under the right parts. And if I do end up taking it in, does anyone think it'd be better to go to a tranny shop or a dealer/euro indy?

And finally, would it be a viable solution just to remove the hoses and cap the outlet/inlet on the transmission? How much cooling does this loop really do?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi!

Try to tighten up both upper and lower banjo bolts on the cooler itself.Even it doesn't "appear" leaking - it does leak.The best solution is to change washers under bolt's heads which have inner seals.I have replaced them with copper ones - still holding allright!
Just don't be over enthusiastic with torqueing ;)
Mine was leaking as well and i couldn't see where is it coming from untill i've tried mentioned above bolts.Good luck - lower bolt is PITA...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts