SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 9-3 Turbo Convertible and I can't find the radio amplifier.
Its NOT under the seat or on the driver's side of the trunk. (at least I did not spot it) I pulled some panels loose looking, but would appreciate hearing from someone who has actually found it. I've peeked under the dash. It seems like it should be fairly easy to find from pictures of the size when located under the driver's seat. Provided this model is of similar size. Help would sure be appreciated!

Thank You,
Convertible Lou, riding is silence.

·
Premium Member
20,436 Posts
It's under the left side panel or seat in the rear. Can't quite tell.

·
Premium Member
20,436 Posts
Try the panel first. I think that is easier to remove and is likely the point of access.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It's in the panel

It's under the panel, remove the speaker cover and there are two torks screws, remove them and pull up on your the panel to our get it out since there are plastic hooks that hold it he body. The amplifier is at the bottom of where the panel was. No need to remove seat but since the bottom of the seat comes out with only two screws and then just pops out. It's easier to install the panel with the seat out.

You may also have an amp2 which is in the trunk left side at rear. Easy to get to this one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's in the panel

It's under the panel, remove the speaker cover and there are two torks screws, remove them and pull up on your the panel to our get it out since there are plastic hooks that hold it he body. The amplifier is at the bottom of where the panel was. No need to remove seat but since the bottom of the seat comes out with only two screws and then just pops out. It's easier to install the panel with the seat out.

You may also have an amp2 which is in the trunk left side at rear. Easy to get to this one.
Which panel is this? I am looking around my Saab and I do not see any panel.

·
Registered
11,038 Posts
Download WIS/EPC from the Tech II forum. The seat removal is a fairly extensive process. It's all too possible to miss a fastener or another piece of trim, and then stuff winds up getting broken.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.