SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, we all know how confusing the springs can be on these cars. I dropped my new to me 9³ off to the local saab guys for some work, including an nys inspection. They called me up and said the car had a broken front spring & wouldnt pass inspection that way. Had i realized ahead of time, i would have fixed it myself, but oh well, it was there. Reluctantly, i agreed to have them fix it, she thought she had some on hand but had to look it up. Anyway, fast forward, they do it, i get the car home this morning, and take a look at the springs.

My car is an '08 Aero SC, manual transmission. I have tried to figure out the spring code, but can't.

The springs they put in are yellow/yellow/pink, which best i can figure out are for a convertable, non sport suspension.

Can anyone in the know tell me what spring code i actually have, and specifically how the ones they put in would be different? Car looked to be sitting a touch higher up front, nothing drastic, but i assumed thats just because they were new. Seemed to drive OK, too.

I spent a lot to have them do the work, dont want it to be wrong, but then again dont know if its worth the hassle to have them switch it all out again.

·
Registered
511 Posts
My 2 cents, they should have used springs for a lowered sport chassis. The ones installed are for the standard chassis. I believe the difference between the two are about 23mm in height.
These are the ones I would have gone with.

Tho the code for the front springs on your sticker is blank, so the above is my best guess.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After some back and forth, they realized they put the wrong ones in and reordered them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts