SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Been having a read through the posts and haven't quite found the answer I was after. The 2 rear doors have stopped locking or opening when using central locking. The front 2 are fine. Tried the lock switch but this doesn't do any thing for the 2 rear doors either. I also tried the key but I had the same result. You can still manually open the locks and it worked till yesterday.

Now the drivers side rear door doesn't open at all :roll: I want to get the panel off and see if it's the solenoids playing up but with the door not opening I think I'm up the creak !;oops:
Any thoughts ..?????

·
Registered
904 Posts
On the rear door you can get open, you need to get in to the connector and test to see if you get power when you press the central lock or remote button.

You could also try pulling the fuse 17, which controls the TWICE module, for 5mins. Or just disconnect the battery. After you replace the fuse or reconnect the battery, you will have to press the unlock button on your remotes rapidly 3 times to re-initialize the remotes to the car.

If you have power, then it's the lock unit. If you don't have power, it could be loose or bad wiring or the TWICE module or TWICE module programming.
You'll have to take it to someone with a tech II to diagnose.

I blew out all of my power door lock units because of a water leak into the left front foot well. It pooled and eventually got to the TWICE module which sits on the floor under the left from seat. Carpets are rubber backed, so the wet never came thru, thought it was dry as a bone. Was i wrong.

If it turns out to be the power lock units, try this guy. If you don't see what you need, e-mail him. This is where i got mine, very cheap compared to the stealer.
http://stores.ebay.ca/Saab-Salvage-Parts

Best of luck.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you kindly !
Will have a look now. That guy with the spares seems realy great.
Cheers

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi all,

Thanks for the update mate. I realy hope it's not the TWICE.

With the door stuck in the closed position I have been trying to get the trim off but it's next to impossible to get it off.

It could be that the manual switch has some how got disconnected..???

Does anyone have a diagram of the door lock? I did notice that I could probably get the upholstery off from the top of the door and sneak some thing in to pop the locking mechanism.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.... I don’t know what I would have done if I didn’t find this forum. Keep up the good work guys.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi All,
So I finaly got around (OK so the Mrs) to getting the jamed door fixed (3 months down the road). It didnt even take the Indy 5 minuets to get it to open. He didnt remove any thing just said that it happens from time to time. He just plalyed with the inside handle and the out side handle and Voila she opens again !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts