SaabCentral Forums banner

Another do it yourself cheap mod!! (Sidemarkers)

1K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  saabchilten 
#1 ·
I just went to an auto parts store for some air freshners and I found this stuff called Nite-Shades by a co. VHT. I removed the side markers and sprayed them and the look great! I was not too fond of the orange and now the side markers match my tinted windows. It cost me $8.99 to do this. I will post a pic once they dry.

Jason

#7 ·
Very Cool :cool:

#8 ·
No the mesh is still on the grill. And for your answer opjose I was in the parts store and saw this stuff and said what the heck, besides I was going to purchase them sometime soon but I thought this might be easier, and it was might I add! EHHHHHHHHH good enough reason opjose!!!!!!!!!!

#9 ·
Personalised styling is so cool, well done :cool:

#11 ·
Chilling out today, cleaned the car yesterday so she looks peachy, strange how some waxes change the depth of the colour :confused:

Still have a long list of wishes for the car though :roll:

And you?

#13 ·
In fact it was Meguires, I was surprised how much darker it made the colour, last time I used Zymol cleaner wax ;)

G
#20 ·
PA9.5Drvr said:
Finn that looks nice, Is that your car? See I thought about doing that but I just didn't want to go overboard and get harassed by the cops around here they are not too lenient. Looks great though!!

Jason
Yes its my motor. I did this a while back, no worries with the ole Bill. They make new cars with darker tinted lenses as standard these days.. :D

#22 ·
youre all talking about how hard it is to get an even coat with these spray products. while i may not do this and everyone has probably heard this before, the trick with all spray products is to keep a distance and do numerous THIN, even coats and youll get good results. once you get technique down (practice on some broken part off the car i guess) then it should turn out fine. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.