SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone!

I have a clutch question. Some days ago, I damaged the threads in the slave cylinder when replacing the clutch line. My mechanic managed to repair the threads, and had the clutch operating again, until I picked my car up. Then the clutch was out of order (I think it broke instantly when I started the car at the work shop).

I have now taken the car home at a flatbead to solve the clutch problem myself. The pedal has no resistance at all, and I have bled the clutch again with no result. I assume either the slave or master has gone, but here is my question:

Is it the master or the slave?

In the process of finding out, I pinched the flexible hose at the clutch line, still no pedal resistance. I have now removed the master, but it seems ok when I try it by hand blocking the openings.

Can it still be the master? Or is this a slave issue?

Most grateful for any help on this.

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
With no resistance at the pedal, the slave will leak externally if it has failed... There is nowhere else for pressurized fluid to go. If the master has failed, there may be no external leaks. It takes a LOT more pressure to much a pressure plate than your finger.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. The pedal is super light with no signs of pressure. I comes back up from the floor, though, if that´s valid information.

So, if the slave is gone, I would have a puddle on the floor beneath it? I haven´t seen any leaks, so can I then assume it´s the master?

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
Pretty reliably. If fluid is being force from the master, there are only two options: Move the slave cylinder, or be pushed past the slave seals into the world.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts