SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this light has just come up on mine since i have picked it up from having the CV joint done,

i fitted an airfilter to it on sunday and it ran fine for two days until i took it into the garage , then picjed it up today and the car turned over started then stalled , i took off the battery terminal foir about one minute and fitted the standard airbox back on then took it out for a drive and it came back on

i have just took off the terminal again and im going to leave it overnight and then fit it back on it the morning and start it 1/2 beofre i leave for work and let it idle, then see how it goes

does that sound the right thing to do to you guys,

when i rev the car at a stop it pops a little on run down and it starts like ***! initially , it is idling at 100 RPM too which is odd

i have checked the plugs and they are burning fine, however i noticed a relay clicking when i turn the ignition on and it points to a relay with a black and yellow wire where the boost pipe enters the engine, it clicks about 5 times then stops, is this the TPS?? i think this might be the cause as it has only started doing it since the car has been running bad, also my vacuum pipe for the BOV was kinked a little but i tried a different pipe and it made no difference

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it was on someone elses thread and i didnt want to take over his problem, i have also tried a few different things since that post too but its still the same :(

i might just give it to JamSaab and have done with it

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i took the car to AD Motors in yeovil (a VERY VERY recommended place) and within 20 minutes the car was running 100% again, he cleaned out the throttle body and reset the limp home mode and it ran fine, he said that a lot of places will tell you to change the entire throttle body but if you clean it thoroughly every so often it will be fine for at least another year, i watched how he done it too so i can reset it if this ever happens again, all in all it cost me thirty quid to sort so i am chuffed to bits :)

they are located in pen Mill trading estate and seem to be a pretty good setup with a lot of experience, if you google the name im sure you could get details of the company

cheers

Jim

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Excellent news Jim ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts