SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there seems to be a few accidents here in last few days. i dont have a picture to show, its not that serious, i rear ended a fiat at a traffic light..my fault completely. the front middle grill (between the lights if im not naming the right part) is depressed and broken from the sides, the body panel bit between the two grills on the right is broken so probably need a new front panel..dont kno wot its called. also the bonnet is sharply bent about 3cm from the front for about 15 cm. the whole bonnet isnt misshapped, jus the front bit...

im from the uk, i was just wondering how much the dealer would charge me for all of that, and is it possible to order the panels from sumwhere else? oh btw i have a 9-3 2005. theres no paint damage apart from where the bonnet is bent.

thanks, iv never been in an accident before so i dont really know what to do...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
actually scrap that question, do you guys know how much a front grill costs?? iv got the answers to all the other questions. plus i saw sum1 here with a mesh grill, where could i possibly get that kind of a grill from?

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
I would worry about the bonnet. It's aluminum, not steel. Might crack when bent too far, so I'm not sure how easy that is to repair. A new one would be a costly item.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
aluminium...it hasnt cracked, i dont think, because saab said they could repair it, a local body shop also said they could repair it, but i dont think they even know its aluminium, i didnt. They said they would have to repaint the bonnet and when i asked if theyd be able to get hold of saab black paint, the guy laughed and said there is not saab paint! all blacks the same.. is it possible to get hold of saab paint? and dus it make much of a difference?

also the mesh grill is niiice, but too expensive, i guess il have to stick to the normal grill, how much do u guys think the standard one costs through dealer?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fair enough, stupid question, but check this, the dealer got back to me...

Fit and paint new front bumper skin, front grille, repair bonnet, blend and paint panels as required.

Paint & materials £360
Labour £160
Parts £378

Plus vat at 17.5%.

Thats £1055.15!!!!!
$2158 at the current exahnge rate

im really gutted, the damage dusnt look like its worth that much..

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
azul_haque said:
fair enough, stupid question, but check this, the dealer got back to me...

Fit and paint new front bumper skin, front grille, repair bonnet, blend and paint panels as required.

Paint & materials £360
Labour £160
Parts £378

Plus vat at 17.5%.

Thats £1055.15!!!!!
$2158 at the current exahnge rate

im really gutted, the damage dusnt look like its worth that much..
I feel for u dude.... I hit a deer a couple of months back..... needed new front bumper and plastic bumper trim, a whole new headlight and new wing. with paint and labour it was more than £2000. lucky I got protected no claims on insurance so I just had to pay a couple of hundred excess.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts