SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saab Gurus,
I seem to be having one of the ABS controller failures that seem to be common. Brake warning lights, TCS off, and a CEL are all on along with no speedo. The CEL code I pulled is P1925 (no comm with ABS unit). I have cleaned the speed sensors and checked them with a meter while turning the wheels. They read the same on both of the front wheels, so I don't think they are bad. I've reset the connectors to the ABS controller and I didn't see any corrosion there.
The error has been intermittent over several weeks now and is happening more frequent as time goes on. The problem started just before a brake job on the front.

I'm ready to get the ABS module repaired from one of the guys on Ebay for $139. Do you think it is worth having the car checked out with a TechII before doing this? What else could be gained by doing this? The cost of the diagnostic would be almost as much as replacing the unit.

Thanks,

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Tech 2 typically reads the ABS unit as faulty when the message "unable to communicate" shows. So in answer to your question, a rebuilt unit would seem to be the fix.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts