SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a time capsule of a 95 9000 Aero. Black on black, 5 speed, 124k. It alleges to have a "blown motor" but I plan to be the judge of that. I'll report back with findings but in my lifetime this is the nicest one I've found yet. I keep telling myself I don't need anymore vehicles but then that unicorn comes along...
Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Wheel Tire

·
Super Moderator
2,448 Posts
Looks great! Worth the time and effort IMO.

·
Super Moderator
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wonder why It's lost it's underhood Pad? And why the hood is 2 tone ? Might be more to this car's history than first assumed.
I've got some decent under hood insulation from my other junkers. I've seen them without insulation (mice damage, ect) and they're never fully painted in my experience. Found a stuck oil pressure relief valve, wiped out #3 main bearing. I had half a mind to slam bearings in it but #3 makes me think the balance shaft bearings are most likely wiped out. I have a low mileage donor heart and do a partial balance shaft delete (remove tensioner + chain, GS tensioner delete kit). I built my big turbo 2.3 NG900 the same way and love it so I'll go a similar route with the biggest TD-04 I can fit in it to make a more enjoyable street 9000. It's way to hot now but I'll post some progress when I have it.
Tom

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I still have a TD04-15 laying around with an exhaust and intake manifold. I don't know if I'm going to go the turbo route on my CDE or not now, if you want it. The BMW has killed my project budget for this year and scrapping it isn't going to pay for much SAAB stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts