SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this exact question has been asked before.
First, I know that the time to service is a mathematic algorithim... With that in mind let me tell you about my situation.

When I purchased my new 93 this July I drove off the lot with ~35 miles on the car (the car had 5 on it when I started my first test drive). When I scrolled through the setting menu and got to the time to service it said 62%. About 2 months and 1200 miles later I looked and it said 42%. A couple days later I happened to look and the % was blank, just ---. It does not say anything about next service. It used to say XX% with the next service type specified (intermediate/main). Does anybody know why it may be completely blank. I have to go get the recall stuff taken care of sometime soon and I would like to know if there is something that the dealer should do about this. If it would help I could post a picture of the display.

~Joe

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Hmmm...sorta strange. Maybe give it a few days to correct itself. I'm assuming you have about 1300 miles on it?
How long have you had it and what is the build date? (label on drivers door and door jam)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This was actually about a month and a half ago. The dealer said that they would reset the time to service, but it does not say that it needs service. I will get the build date tomorrow. I looked again today hoping that I would keep driving and it would fix itself (wishful thinking). The car has just over 2K on it.

~Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts