SaabCentral Forums banner

81 - 100 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
Formerly had 900s have a black 2005 9-3 ARC auto at present
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
My tech2 clone is at my local post depot... so it should arrive tomorrow Yay!! getting excited

I have the extra T2 Saab memory card, TIS2000 and some cables and stuff....

Trying to organise a laptop with a serial port

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Yay!! ... it arrived :geek:

Going down to Brisbane to check out some wreckers (breakers/junk yards) to see if I can find an ECM to play with

My computer duuude mate has a laptop under construction (reconstruction) for me... so all is good

As Hannible used to say... "I love it when a plan comes together"

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Hmmmm... touching wood while I say this... I may have fixed my issue?

So, I found a junk yard near me that has a 05 9-3 auto like mine... they have an ecm but they want to know the number on my ecm to make sure it is the same... so this morning, I disconnected the battery, unplugged and removed my ecm... found the number (55353231) then, before I put it back in, I checked all the pins are standing upright, cleaned the inside of the plugs and sockets, gave the ecm to motor standoffs a quick sand and clean, sanded and cleaned the earth wire under the top right bolt... carefully reconnected the plugs (and said a couple of prayers) ... then reconnected the battery and went for a test drive.

Long story short... after reconnecting the battery, there was no yellow light of doom and gloom (as expected)... however, on my test drive, I stopped and switched off the car and restarted 4 different times... and still no doom light? Whenever I have disconnected the battery or pulled fuse 2, the doom and gloom light has come back on at the first restart. Not this time yet, it seems... wish me luck

Maybe my issue was a dirty/poorly connecting pin? I am hoping just the act of disturbing and reconnecting the plugs has made it connect properly? I will know soon... I am about to go out. Will report back later....

Even if it is fixed/improved... I will still go ahead with getting another ecm or 2 and play with them... I still want to learn to drive my Tech2 clone :geek:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
The light is still not on after about 7 starts... I must admit I am driving with one eye on the dash for it to come back on at some stage...

I was wondering if it had been a temperature thing? When it was started first thing in the morning, the light was on, but the turbo gauge would go up to the where the green meets the red... but by the time I drove to the post office (9km away) and parked... the next start the yellow doom light was back on and turbo gauge stopped 4 bars short of the red (on the turbo gauge). then, once parked and the motor cooled down sufficiently, the light was still on, but the turbo gauge needle would go to where the green meets the red again... until the car got up to normal operating temperature again...

I am hoping it doesn't go back to doing that...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
So, is the ecm 55353231 pretty common for a 2004-2005 ARC auto sedan?

·
Registered
892 Posts
With mine, I was fine during sort drives. I got codes only after I drove on the highway and the engine got to a certain temperature.

I don't think that the part number is critical, if you are going to reflash. Someone told me that it's only the ecu from turbo-x cars that are different.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
That is how I understand it too ET.. From what I have read, only the 03 is different because of the air pump... the importance of the numbers comes in if you only want to change the security stuff in a replacement ecm to make it believe it belongs in the new/other car.

I am hoping to find an 06-08 ecm as well as the 05 I am looking at... in the hope that whoever was doing the soldering in the earlier ones had learned to solder properly after a couple of years practice

ET, did you ever find out what was wrong with your old ecm or did you simply put it down to a bad ecm and replace it?

·
Registered
52 Posts
That is how I understand it too ET.. From what I have read, only the 03 is different because of the air pump... the importance of the numbers comes in if you only want to change the security stuff in a replacement ecm to make it believe it belongs in the new/other car.

I am hoping to find an 06-08 ecm as well as the 05 I am looking at... in the hope that whoever was doing the soldering in the earlier ones had learned to solder properly after a couple of years practice View attachment 274792

ET, did you ever find out what was wrong with your old ecm or did you simply put it down to a bad ecm and replace it?
No, They are not all interchangeable when using the Tech2 to add it to the car. We have discussed all of this. The 2003 is normally by itself. 2004-2006 are interchangeable. 2007 and up with the exception of the AWD are interchangable. So it is always best to keep the same part number when using the Tech2 to add it to the car or at the very least keep within the years mentioned above. The difference in the part numbers designate the operating system and the firmware and is the reason they are all not interchangeable. The Tech2 is not capable of changing the OS or firmware, only updating them. Any ecm that gets installed in a different car always has to have the security and other information changed in order for it to work . The main reason these ecms fail is due to component failure and not poor/cold solder joints.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm in Campbelltown NSW. Interested in selling the Tech II when you're done. I'd like to program some new fobs. Mine look like the dogs been chewing on it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
One works. The other one has a broken battery tab when I took the case apart
Does non-working one still start the car? (the battery is not needed for that) Most things can be repaired on the fobs including the little battery contact tab. We repair these fobs all the time for customers. Although we have plenty of used fobs for parts you can always just purchase one of the cheap china key fobs and use the parts out of that. I only mention this to help save you a few bucks

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Maybe my problem is with the odometer?

This happened yesterday.... VooDoo??

·
Registered
54 Posts
Does non-working one still start the car? (the battery is not needed for that) Most things can be repaired on the fobs including the little battery contact tab. We repair these fobs all the time for customers. Although we have plenty of used fobs for parts you can always just purchase one of the cheap china key fobs and use the parts out of that. I only mention this to help save you a few bucks
I'm going to have to see if I can find the old fob now lol

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
I have a laptop now... just in the process of putting all of the Saab stuff on it.... at the moment, every time I try to put one of the disks that came with my tech 2 on the laptop, it wants me to update this and that before it will work

It is Windoze 7 with a serial port

Still trying to get my hands on a replacement ECM to play with(y)

·
Super Moderator
19,795 Posts
no discs shall be installed

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
What gets installed instead? Do I need to find open copies or something?

I have EPC and WIS and trionic can flasher on my PC

·
Super Moderator
19,795 Posts
go to tech2 subforum. get cracked tis2000

Reactions: Saabastian93
81 - 100 of 106 Posts