SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my 9000cse the clock/computer/info unit seems to have a bad connection or something the numbers are broken up but if i press on the surround of the unit the numbers are clear and correct i,m wondering if there is possibly a loose multiplug or something that when i press it i,m making the connection.could this be right and does anyone know how to get this out to check it ?
here is a pic if you want to see the car but it was a little dark when i took it.
http://www.trustphotosite.com/georg..._9000cse_turbo/
thanx

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
Pop the unit out, check the connector and if all looks good (fits nice and snug), plug it back in and see if that fixes it (that fixes a lot of issues in my line of work anyway:)). I have seen a bunch of these units on EBay for not too much money if the disconnect and reconnect doesn't work.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I can tell you *exactly* what that is and it's a flipping pain to sort out!

The LCD display has a very very fine comb of connections on it and that connects to the printed circuit board contacts via a sort of conductive rubber thing.

I took mine apart when I was reparing the broken plastic casing and getting this right was the thing that took most of the time and boy was it a pain.

If you're lucky, you might be able to pop the spring clips off the case, take the back off and just tighten the screws, I think there are two, that hold the PCB to the back of the display. As you have found out, you need just a little pressure to re-make the contact, too much and you can distort the rubber bit and another bit of the display won't work.

Be careful when popping the unit out of the dash, the clips are top and bottom and someone broke mine earlier in the cars life which is why I ended up doing what I had to do.

I've highlighted the location of the 2 screws for you here:-

David.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I should mention, at all costs, avoid totally dismantling as getting it to work again properly is a complete pain. I spent ages with different tension on the screws and the associated disassembly/reassembly.

Hopefully a tweak of the screws will sort it for you.

David.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts