SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very annoying dashboard rattle that seems to be comming from the passenger's side heater vent and rattles contantly as long as the car is running or moving. I already tried tightening screws around the glovebox and spraying some WD40 inside of the vent. Although I now have a car that stinks of WD40 everytime i turn on the AC, i still havent gotten rid of the rattle. Does anybody have any solutions to this? I was thinking of taking apart the vent but I dont know how to do it and I'm afraid to break anything. Is there an easy way of eliminating this rattle?

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Desperate ? Really desperate ?

Try a little Great Stuff, but be extreme careful..Use this underneath inside any voids in the floor pan...

Use a heavy thick closed cell foam carefully behind and under the dash....

I removed some of the dash covers and the glove box on the '96 900S; I cannot see how any rattle is possible - this car is really well built in this area..

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Put your car in your profile, bud.
You too, EW.
So we don't have to ask the ageless question...

"What kind of car?"

Assuming it's not a vert? The acoustics in cars, and the Saab in particular, are amazing. You really need to pinpoint EXACTLY where it's coming from. Collectively we have conquered most squeaks here.
I have the steering wheel squeak. Even now that I know exactly where it comes from, it still sounds like something from the driver side door...
:roll:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts