SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Saab 9-3 Aero Anniversary 2007
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I've just bought a 9-3 Aero Anniversary. I was checking it's audio system. Although it's an Anniversary edition it seems to me to be a quite poorly equipped one unfortunately. If I counted well I just have altogether 9 speakers: 3 on the front (I assume, they are covered) + 2 in the front doors (none in the rears) + 4 under the rear shelf. I could just see the rear ones, 2 says (the big bass ones) only Saab, the other 2 next to them says Pioneer and Saab. And I find the sound quality quite poor. Strong but not too nice bass, and looses clarity on higher volume. I read these cars have premium audio system, 11 or even 13 speakers. I don't thing this should be addressed as premium. Is it possible that there were options to choose on the audio systems as well and mine is a bit minimumish version with just 9 speakers?

Regards,

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hello guys,

I've just bought a 9-3 Aero Anniversary. I was checking it's audio system. Although it's an Anniversary edition it seems to me to be a quite poorly equipped one unfortunately. If I counted well I just have altogether 9 speakers: 3 on the front (I assume, they are covered) + 2 in the front doors (none in the rears) + 4 under the rear shelf. I could just see the rear ones, 2 says (the big bass ones) only Saab, the other 2 next to them says Pioneer and Saab. And I find the sound quality quite poor. Strong but not too nice bass, and looses clarity on higher volume. I read these cars have premium audio system, 11 or even 13 speakers. I don't thing this should be addressed as premium. Is it possible that there were options to choose on the audio systems as well and mine is a bit minimumish version with just 9 speakers?

Regards,
If you upgrade the speakers that will make a difference. I just did in my 9-5 and it is a world of difference. Mine was touted as premium as well. I added a small sub box to mine getting rid of the six inch “bass” driver that came stock in the trunk. It’s pretty easy to do, as most power amps have speaker level inputs. I got lucky with my amp and didn’t have to run an extra “blue wire” that senses and turns the amp on, it senses through the speaker level inputs and turns on automatically.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts