SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today we hooked up my brother in laws setup to my 2000 9-5 2.3T auto to see why it seems low on power. According to the app im only getting a max of 5.1psi. I forget the vac numbers. I'll immediately make sure I change out the vacuum lines. Should I look for anything else?

My laundry list for the weekend is:
1. Fix oil leaks.
2. Replace vac lines.
3. Change oil again. Just swapped motor and it's at about 400 miles on regular oil. I'll flush it and throw in synthetic once all the leaks are gone.
4. Clean MAF.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Try the bolt mod, and check again. willing to bet that your boost pressure valve is bad and pulling straight from engine vacuum or however the heck they said it does when it goes bad.

On the turbo cobra, theres a bpv that has three vac lines coming off it. unplug and cap off the top hose and check again....instant gratification from lost power

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I gave it a try and ended up throwing 2 codes. P0304 which I have been seein a lot as a screw with stuff. It comes and goes. Pluss I got p1171. That's a new one. Aparently it gas something to do with fuel trim. I only made it about half throttle before the codes came up. I never opened it up so not to hurt anything.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Well I gave it a try and ended up throwing 2 codes. P0304 which I have been seein a lot as a screw with stuff. It comes and goes. Pluss I got p1171. That's a new one. Aparently it gas something to do with fuel trim. I only made it about half throttle before the codes came up. I never opened it up so not to hurt anything.
Just want to make sure you unhooked and bolted up this hose as shown here
http://www.econmancer.com/?p=65

You dont cap the part on the bpv but the hose itself. As far as the code, I would suspect either low fuel or possibly an issue with the vacuum lines.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The weather will be totally different today than yesterday do I'm going to wait for Monday to do another "hot lap" by then I'll have my vac lines, fuel filter and BOV swapped

1 - 7 of 7 Posts