SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got a digital camera for my birthday so here are some pics of my 900i Aero. I will be replacing the 2 front seats with leather ones as soon as I can afford to have them sent up from Melbourne. They only cost $50 each but the courier's gonna cost more than that and the well is dry.

opinions on the "swan" are welcome. :cheesy:

·
Registered
283 Posts
wow cinemarr, that's a beauty mate!
How did you get those bumper skins so shiney and black, re-spay?

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Hi,

Under what bridge is the first snap?

THAT'S the money shot!
Cheers.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Yeah that first shot is sic. Nice car

·
Registered
239 Posts
Very, very nice clean, shinny, sweet looking car.

Belayed happy birthday!

Keep the shinny side up.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Daniel said:
wow cinemarr, that's a beauty mate!
How did you get those bumper skins so shiney and black, re-spay?
no respray and this is before the wash. Of course like any 13 year old car if you go over it with a close eye then yes you'll see the odd blemish but the paint is pretty damn good for it's age and tehre is a tiny dent on the left bonnet but apart from that the body is perfect. I've only had her just under a year and bought it for $3000 AUSD but the clutch needed replacing and a driveshaft which to the americans will seem exspensive but here in OZ it's quite a good price, at least I think so.

thanks for the praise. :cheesy:

the bridge is one of those roads spanning off the overpass near sydney airport, it runs over southern cross drive. the overpass is the road the planes take off from. so if you happen to driving on southern cross drive at the right time above you you'll see a boeing 747 which is quite a sight.

here's another pic from there

·
Registered
219 Posts
I-Pod + factory head unit?

The biggest thing I notice about your car is how good the headlights look. My lenses are starting to frost over and some of the reflective material is flaking off the reflector. Your's look perfect. I HATE american headlights.

Nice car. What color seats are you getting for it?

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
glass polish!! :roll:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
s900snt said:
I-Pod + factory head unit?

The biggest thing I notice about your car is how good the headlights look. My lenses are starting to frost over and some of the reflective material is flaking off the reflector. Your's look perfect. I HATE american headlights.

Nice car. What color seats are you getting for it?
Thank god they made a black ipod especially for my car, who woulda thunk it? As you can see I don't have a CD player and the ipod has thousands of songs on it for those very long drives but I will probably put in a stereo of some kind as the speakers show their age. umm... what's a factory head unit? the 2 seats I saw on ebay just by chance happened to be the exact same colour as the originals which is the only thing I'm not crazy about in my car. I'd much rather a black or tan interior but most of all I'd love dark red but in '92 they decided to go with grey......hmph!

thx 4 the words

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Matthew said:
That first picture is stunningly good, very atmospheric :cool:

Is that a scale model 900 I can see in the lower DIN slot?

Sweet car :) one of the nicest I've seen!
Yes Matthew it's a scale model of this 99 EMS for the decals but the model car looks like pre '87 900.

my car isn't a turbo and I'm a little jealous of you turbo guys but I suppose I'll get over it. Maybe when I get a place with a double garage I'll get a turbo for my second one.

thx mate.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Marcos said:
Very, very nice clean, shinny, sweet looking car.

Belayed happy birthday!

Keep the shinny side up.
thx mate. :cheesy:

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
I'm going to buy some of this and polish my windshields, windows, headlights the works! :D Then put some Veil on the lights... going to be very nice indeed :D

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
Polish yes, but I'm only veiling my driver.

I don't know exactly how far I will go, I need to do the headlamps, maybe the grill. It gives a kind of "gunmetal" tone to everything, so I don't know how nice I can do the grille. But the police always target the headlamp so not a big deal.

This stuff works surprisingly well. But only on lidar not on the radar.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Great-looking car!

I'm still confused as to why Saab made different equipment available in different markets -- your Aero has the 'directional' wheels and no sunroof and the US SPG had the 'three-spoke' wheels and a sunroof. Additionally, in the US, all SPGs had leather, and yours doesn't. I don't get it. Many US buyers (me included) would have opted for cloth seats and different equipment for the SPG if we had the choice.
Marketing sometimes doesn't pay....

1 - 20 of 61 Posts