SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not able to find the often mentioned Dell D6__ laptops locally. Are other Windows XP laptops equally acceptable? Does the hardware matter much?

Second question, are there any preferred vendors for the Tech2. I understand they are all the same, but perhaps one of them is more trust worthy?

·
Registered
95 Posts
The laptop is not critical, anything that runs XP and has a native serial port is best. If you can't find one with a native serial port you can use the Keystone USB to serial adapter that is recommended. I use a Dell E1405 laptop with the USB to serial adapter and it works well.

I recently ordered a Tech2 kit from worldODB2.com and it arrived quickly and I have no complaints.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
The laptop is not critical, anything that runs XP and has a native serial port is best. If you can't find one with a native serial port you can use the Keystone USB to serial adapter that is recommended. I use a Dell E1405 laptop with the USB to serial adapter and it works well.

I recently ordered a Tech2 kit from worldODB2.com and it arrived quickly and I have no complaints.
I have a Dell E1405 and looking into getting a Tech 2. What do I need to buy from worldOBD2? Just software or hardware as well?

I am new to this and will appreciate some guidance. Thanks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
You only need to buy their hardware, it should come with 1 Tech2 software card of your choice and you will select that you want the Saab card. It does come with a TIS2000 CD but you will throw that away. The stickies in this forum have the software you need (either TIS2000 or GlobalTIS).

·
Registered
280 Posts
I looked on eBay and they were selling the Dell with the serial port for like 89 bucks that had everything needed enough RAM and to be able to do it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts