SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Saab 9-3 TiD Vector Sport [150] and the indicators have stopped making a noise and the radio doesn't work. Everything that runs through the SID has stopped working. After reading a few posts and asking a few people, i understand the likely fault is the front speaker amp which is under the passenger seat (UK).

I see that there is a method of bypassing the amp (i can do this myself or pay £35 on eBay and someone else will do it for me). I would rather replace the amp though as the bypass would cause the front door speakers and centre dashboard speaker to stop working.

My question is, can i buy any Saab 9-3 amp? Also, when i get a new amp, does it need recoding? Is this difficult to do?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
There are a few posts replacing the amp. It's a simple one screw removal event along with removing the electrical connector. Lift driver's seat full up and forward. Get the proper torx socket, unscrew bolt, gently pull to right to release metal clip on bottom, slide hand under to release electrical connector. There's a BBA Reman on your side of the pond. Call them for a swap cost. This is a plug n play replacement. No Tech 2 event req'd.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts