SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine told me that while he was on vacation his son showed him a neat little "trick" with a remote key fob. His son walked about 300yds to their rental car and then called him from his cell phone. He told him to hold the key fob up to the phone and press "unlock" which he did as his son held his phone up next to their rental car and viola.......it unlocked!! Has anyone ever heard of this? I guess this is similar to how OnStar would be able to unlock your car but I could see this coming in very handy if say one of our spouses, or what have you, locked their keys in the car.
Not really a Saab specific topic, but found it very interesting and am going to test it out asap.

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
This is interesting. I thought key fobs worked off radio frequencies. I was not aware that cell phones could be used to relay radio signals, but maybe.

I'm somewhat skeptical of this whole idea. But I would bet good money that if it's possible, the instructions are on the 'net somewhere.

This info is probably on the same site where Martha Stewart learned how to remove her monitoring device. Damn scofflaw B-I-T-C-H!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts