SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I wake up to the dreaded sound of my car alarm going off for no reason. I figured it might be coming because I got the "service theft alarm" message a few times over the last month. I get it to shut off for a second and I pop the hood to get at the fuses. After looking them over I pull fuse 14 to disable the siren until I can get at it this weekend.

While I was looking over the diagram on my cover, I noticed one that said vacuum hoses (maybe pump), and I believe it was fuse 17. Looked at fuse 17 and there's no fuse. So, does my car just not need this fuse or does it? I also noticed I had two different sets of fuses for low/high lights in my box. The right side had both and the left side was missing one. Once again, are they needed or is everything done through the orange fuse?

Thanks

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Fuse 17 is the power to the ECU - if your car drives you do have a fuse 17 :p

The main bank of fuses is in the cabin at the end of the dash ;)

Vacuum pump is on the auto model, is yours auto or manual?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an auto. Also, maybe it was a different number, I'm trying to guess off the top of my head.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone have a clue if I should be missing the fuse that says Vacuum pump in the engine compartment? Also, I guess I should have ALL the fuses that go to the lights, and not just the Orange one?

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
crosseye said:
Anyone have a clue if I should be missing the fuse that says Vacuum pump in the engine compartment? Also, I guess I should have ALL the fuses that go to the lights, and not just the Orange one?
I think you are referring to relays not fuses :confused:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why yes, yes I am. Some call me stupid, others just laugh at me. Well, does it make a difference that I pulled the relay to the siren to get it to stop going off, or do I need to get the fuse? Also, does it matter that I'm missing the relay for the vacuum pump?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts