SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
I had an 04 95 aero Maptun stage 3 producing 290 bhp and 440 NM torque. I sold it last year and have regretted it ever since.

It had Hirsch suspension producing a great ride and was very comfortable.

It felt far quicker than the Turbo X, A6 3.0 TDI and BMW 535 D that i have driven.

I sold the car for an Audi RS6 Plus (480bhp) which I am now selling. Yes the audi is very fast and sounds and looks amazing, but the saab (in its tuned form) was a very exciting car to drive and now I want one again, either 95 Stage 4 or Turbo X on the basis Maptun are I beleive going to eventually be able to take it to 400bhp :lol:

Saabs are an amazing car for the money, cheap to run and really great to drive ;)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Oh well i finally done it:cry: I sold the 95 and bought something simular!!!!

A MAZDA RX8 Oh my god what have i done:eek:

All joking aside the rx8 handles like its on rails, looks great, does about 15mpg,but it still does'nt have that exciting drive that the saab had, and the great fun i had adding bits re-mapping.etc....
So my verdict is its great to get the mid life crisis out the way and enjoy going around bends without braking,and sitting looking at it through the window but theres something the saab has, a bit like your slippers ,its that homely feeling, and sheer comfort,so i think my next change will be back to the old faithfull !!!!!!

p.s I still look through the forum regularly no way am i leaving:D

·
Registered
120 Posts
Oh well i finally done it:cry: I sold the 95 and bought something simular!!!!

All joking aside the rx8 handles like its on rails, looks great, does about 15mpg,but it still does'nt have that exciting drive that the saab had, and the great fun i had adding bits re-mapping.etc....
So my verdict is its great to get the mid life crisis out the way and enjoy going around bends without braking,and sitting looking at it through the window but theres something the saab has, a bit like your slippers ,its that homely feeling, and sheer comfort,so i think my next change will be back to the old faithfull !!!!!!

p.s I still look through the forum regularly no way am i leaving:D

really? an RX8? Those little bubbly looking beetle hairdresser cars? Sigh.

·
Registered
480 Posts
really? an RX8? Those little bubbly looking beetle hairdresser cars? Sigh.
They are a great car apart from one thing the SAAB has in spades, torque. Apart from that the packaging is really impressive that you can get human beings in the back seats unlike most sports cars and the handling is great. Whack a smallish turbo on it and it would be great all rounder.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I have a '00 9-5 Aero with the Bilstein HD's all the way around, and I wouldnt trade it for anything. I love that car like I would love my kid if I had one. Just stick with the Saab and you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts

Hey fella, welcome to the Jap side of things :p

I test drove a metallic blue RX8 but couldnt get past the strange engine noise and lack or torque - but wow what a pretty car (inside and out).

Hope you enjoy it :p

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hey fella, welcome to the Jap side of things :p

I test drove a metallic blue RX8 but couldnt get past the strange engine noise and lack or torque - but wow what a pretty car (inside and out).

Hope you enjoy it :p

cheers chris yes the tourque ( or lack of it ) was strange to start with but after a couple of weeks of learning the gears and those 9500 revs it soon compensates for it;)

·
Registered
551 Posts
Seeing as your in the UK check out Clarkson review on the 95 on Youtube or on the iPlayer.
I've driven both some nice cars and wrecks both acutally and from what others' have said.

What do you need the car for? I've had Rovers', Citroens', Peugeots', Fords', Saabs', VW, Vauxhall, Renaults'. Some have been nightmares'. I'm the only one in the company who has a Saab and I like it.
Choose for yourself. Experts get paid to influence. We spend our hard earned cash from what these people say. What do they drive daytoday?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts