SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,i had a 9-5 aero 5 speed for 2 years am in love with Saab and a can guaranty am not buying a other type of car. my first car and i just find the right car for me.

My question is !

Saab 93 aero 2008 6 speed.

what kind of problem i should look for or any imperfection on the car. i went to see the car this Friday the only bad thing a saw was the broken front bumper the lip is crack.Drive good DAM FAST !

link : http://qc.kijiji.ca/c-autos-et-vehicules-autos-et-camions-2008-Saab-9-3-Man-Aero-W0QQAdIdZ375488544

link : http://qc.kijiji.ca/c-autos-et-vehi...-2008-Saab-9-3-Manuel-Aero-W0QQAdIdZ375488695

the 2 cars are Manuel aero mint condition not a scratch all is original owner who bring back the car after 4 years low Kms. can u tell me anything i need to look ?

witch one look the best resale value. because what i saw 2 years ago those car was going up to 25k$ now they are 17k$. that drop is really cause by Saab is not anymore in Canada Quebec? Btw i want to keep the car more then 5-7 years and sale it to buy yes an other Saab ;)

help me to do the best choice. am a mechanic so all the work gonna be done by me or the Saab dealer if something bad happen and i don't no what is it.

so thanks guys to help me out !

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Hi guys,i had a 9-5 aero 5 speed for 2 years am in love with Saab and a can guaranty am not buying a other type of car. my first car and i just find the right car for me.

My question is !

Saab 93 aero 2008 6 speed.

what kind of problem i should look for or any imperfection on the car. i went to see the car this Friday the only bad thing a saw was the broken front bumper the lip is crack.Drive good DAM FAST !

link : http://qc.kijiji.ca/c-autos-et-vehicules-autos-et-camions-2008-Saab-9-3-Man-Aero-W0QQAdIdZ375488544

link : http://qc.kijiji.ca/c-autos-et-vehi...-2008-Saab-9-3-Manuel-Aero-W0QQAdIdZ375488695

the 2 cars are Manuel aero mint condition not a scratch all is original owner who bring back the car after 4 years low Kms. can u tell me anything i need to look ?

witch one look the best resale value. because what i saw 2 years ago those car was going up to 25k$ now they are 17k$. that drop is really cause by Saab is not anymore in Canada Quebec? Btw i want to keep the car more then 5-7 years and sale it to buy yes an other Saab ;)

help me to do the best choice. am a mechanic so all the work gonna be done by me or the Saab dealer if something bad happen and i don't no what is it.

so thanks guys to help me out !
I do not know what these cars are selling for in Quebec, but $18000 CAD would be $17,500 in USD. And 75K KM = roughly 47K Miles.

In US, exact same car with 40,000 miles or less, show as $16,000 and probably could be bought for slightly less. And see this thread a few down from yours

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233659

Mechanically, I have a 2004 Aero which is not the V6 so I can not help you there.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mechanically, I have a 2004 Aero which is not the V6 so I can not help you there.[/QUOTE]

i did go see some 2.0l aero but i love the new front they did a nice Job.The car is in the price range so it not to bad but it a V6t someone is it hard on gas?
and a prefer the 2.0l aero but none is for sale in Quebec

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
I'd go for it, definitely work the guy down as its overpriced by about 3.5k. What Saab are you going to buy in 7 years:confused:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd go for it, definitely work the guy down as its overpriced by about 3.5k. What Saab are you going to buy in 7 years:confused:

so it around 12-14 k$ will be a fair price for those car.

What Saab are you going to buy in 7 years : i don't no. i will start with the 2008 aero first.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You do realize that Saab is no longer making cars anywhere, right?
you are a smart boy ! i did not read the newspaper, listen to the news and i don't no nothing about Saab sorry, WAKE UP! that not the point why i put a post on the forum.
please i want only comment that gonna help my buy. give me tips on that generation 93.Help a Saab guy don't post stupid question like that.

·
Registered
347 Posts
you are a smart boy ! i did not read the newspaper, listen to the news and i don't no nothing about Saab sorry, WAKE UP! that not the point why i put a post on the forum.
please i want only comment that gonna help my buy. give me tips on that generation 93.Help a Saab guy don't post stupid question like that.
I was trying to help since you stated that "Saab is not anymore in Canada Quebec". I was not being rude. Your temperment and rude comments are childish.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was trying to help since you stated that "Saab is not anymore in Canada Quebec". I was not being rude. Your temperment and rude comments are childish.
ok i see u have a that white sport/combi was a good choice do you suggest one of the 2 car ? and the black one have a broken front lip broken in 2 if you zoom on the picture u can see the crack front lip.

we have 2 dealer in Quebec that do service on the car and sale of the latest model like the 93 that am looking to buy.

·
Registered
347 Posts
ok i see u have a that white sport/combi was a good choice do you suggest one of the 2 car ? and the black one have a broken front lip broken in 2 if you zoom on the picture u can see the crack front lip.

we have 2 dealer in Quebec that do service on the car and sale of the latest model like the 93 that am looking to buy.
I don't have any experience with the V6 aero. I love my 2011 Aero Sportcombi. I think it is the perfect match for a Saab. It has the 2.0T engine which is reliable and good on gas but it also has the Aero upgrades like suspension, brakes, and seats. The price on the cars you are looking at are a bit high according to US prices.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
In case no one knows, this man is French, English is not his first language. Give him a break and give him some real car advice. While you're at it, give him a hug as the Habs were awful this year:lol:

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
In case no one knows, this man is French, English is not his first language. Give him a break and give him some real car advice. While you're at it, give him a hug as the Habs were awful this year:lol:
Actually, he's a Québécois. Much nicer than the French, less arrogant. Thought of as French in North America but not in Europe. French in Europe are quick to be sensitive but also the first ones to offend (everybody) not French.

So, benefit of the doubt we will consider he is more Canadian than French and a good guy;ol; After all, he loves SAABS.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Actually, he's a Québécois. Much nicer than the French, less arrogant. Thought of as French in North America but not in Europe. French in Europe are quick to be sensitive but also the first ones to offend (everybody) not French.

So, benefit of the doubt we will consider he is more Canadian than French and a good guy;ol; After all, he loves SAABS.
:confused: I'm talking about his mother tongue. He could be from Tanzania for all I know, I was referring to language. I tend to disagree with assumptions and stereotypes but all three of us can agree on Saab:cheesy:

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
:confused: I'm talking about his mother tongue. He could be from Tanzania for all I know, I was referring to language. I tend to disagree with assumptions and stereotypes but all three of us can agree on Saab:cheesy:
I agree with you on stereotypes, I commute to work in Mexico daily now and have worked for two French companies. The French I knew were good friends one on one but put two or more together or put them in charge and they were unbearable. Every rule has its exception, and SAAB owners are exceptional

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quebecois yes it is LOL.

i love how English people think about us the Quebecois :p funny :D

but in the next couple week am buying the 2008 witch one i don't no.
my 9-5 aero td04 turbo will be a upgrade on that car or the turbo on it now ( 2.8t if it not clear ) is bigger then my 9-5?

on monday i will call him and make a offer on one of the two car. i think 12k$ will be a fair price for the grey one with the white interior.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

bring back Saab then the habs, please!

give him a hug as the Habs were awful this year;ol;

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
If I had that kind of money for an almost new type car I would look for a late model 9 3 with the 4 clyinder motor. Timing chain, not a 60000 $1100 (water pump too) belt, more difficult and expensive to repair V6. The 6 is a good motor, but a bit harder to work on.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Quebecois yes it is LOL.

i love how English people think about us the Quebecois :p funny :D

but in the next couple week am buying the 2008 witch one i don't no.
my 9-5 aero td04 turbo will be a upgrade on that car or the turbo on it now ( 2.8t if it not clear ) is bigger then my 9-5?

on monday i will call him and make a offer on one of the two car. i think 12k$ will be a fair price for the grey one with the white interior.
$12,000 for $17,9 asking?
http://qc.kijiji.ca/c-autos-et-vehi...-2008-Saab-9-3-Manuel-Aero-W0QQAdIdZ375488695

I think my 2003 isn't worth that insult. Times are not that tough to let go of a car for 35% below what you are asking.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Yeah I wouldn't try to knock him off 6 grand. That'll be a huge turn off for the seller and I'd be surprised if he even replied. I know I wouldn't.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts