SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to make custom intercooler pipes for my fmic setup.... have them made up to the plastic pipe right now that goes to the throttle body. Looking to finish it however and wondering if anyone has done this and might have any pics possibly ? I know everyone is going to chime in about the "heat soak " issue but just waiting on my manifold to come in and will soon enough have a top mount gt30... hopefully going to make over 400hp thanks guys !

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
looking to make custom intercooler pipes for my fmic setup.... have them made up to the plastic pipe right now that goes to the throttle body. Looking to finish it however and wondering if anyone has done this and might have any pics possibly ? I know everyone is going to chime in about the "heat soak " issue but just waiting on my manifold to come in and will soon enough have a top mount gt30... hopefully going to make over 400hp thanks guys !
if your going with a top mount then your intercooler piping will be different from stock no? Because A lot of people have fmic and everyone does their piping different so to get exactly what your looking for may be hard, especially with the top mount I think...

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
I have the GenuineSaab 2.5" setup. It looked gorgeous, but yeah, the heatsoak was noticeable in bumper to bumper traffic. I decided after awhile that I liked my car better as a sleeper, so I no longer use the pipes or open intake. PM me if you are interested ;ol;

Also have the GS cobra as well, but if you are looking at a top mount I assume you don't want that.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the GenuineSaab 2.5" setup. It looked gorgeous, but yeah, the heatsoak was noticeable in bumper to bumper traffic. I decided after awhile that I liked my car better as a sleeper, so I no longer use the pipes or open intake. PM me if you are interested ;ol;

Also have the GS cobra as well, but if you are looking at a top mount I assume you don't want that.

Pm'd ya !

·
Registered
727 Posts

Any reason 3 of the 4 screws that hold the DIC are missing? Heh.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
Never saw a top mount GT30 on a 9-5, let me know if it fits... You will be getting a custom Down pipe as wells as the intercooler pipes, make sure you tell us how it goes

·
Registered
146 Posts
I never had any issues with heat-soak in my Aero. The trick is to remove the factory intercooler (this will require you to get creative, since it does support the radiator and oil cooler) Once removed, I noticed a very modest improvement in intake temps and power. My intake temps rarely exceed ambient air temp...

·
Registered
148 Posts
I was wondering what people did for mounting brackets? It's very apparent that the stock arangement can be reconfigured a good deal once a front mount is installed. If your any good with a welder you should be able to make a frame to mount everything on. At least that's my plan. Some alum square tube to and make some tabs to capture the factory radiator location and then maybe use an aftermarket oil cooler and trans cooler in better locations.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts