1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1996 900SE Cabrio 2.3
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got two key fobs for my NG900, which look like this:
Peripheral Audio equipment Gadget Font Circle

One works fine, one doesn't. On the non-functional one, the leds on the fob flash whenever I press a button, and a TECH2 connected to ICE confirms that the signals are received... but nothing works! The doors don't unlock, the trunk doesn't release, the immobilizer doesn't deactivate, even if ICE says LEFT BUTTON or RIGHT BUTTON pressed via tech2. And the key is definitely programmed to the ICE module, because Tech2 won't let me add it again (key already programmed, apparently).

So, does anyone know where I can grab an extra fob? Are there any other cars that have comparable modules that Tech2/ICE would recognise?

·
Registered
13,880 Posts
If your fob is issue, you can not read any button pressing etc.
Alarm box connects/commands doors to unlock/lock etc.

·
Registered
1996 900SE Cabrio 2.3
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But if the alarm box behaves perfectly for one fob, it doesn't make sense that it would misbehave for a second fob, when the variable is the fob.

·
Registered
1996 900SE Cabrio 2.3
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you try pressing the buttons on the non functioning key fob repeatedly like 5 or 6 times while aiming it at the car?..
Plenty of times, both from outside of the car and sitting in the driver's seat with the fob practically on top of the ICE module.

Have you tried to re-marry fobs to car?
Multiple times. The fob marries to the ICE with no problem.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
esaabparts. They'll cut it for you. I just lost a fob, after replacing one 6 months that I was never given. I have been looking for this lost fob for a week and pretty sure its gone forever. That'll be over $300 sir. SMH.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
There's no need to have anything cut for a 900's fob. Just get one from eBay and pair it up with your car. I don't quite understand why so many people are asking $200 or more for those things. I used to find them for $30 or less, but there is one for about $40 plus shipping on eBay right now. There's also one for $25 on Mercari.

·
Registered
19,665 Posts
I believe I have a u
esaabparts. They'll cut it for you. I just lost a fob, after replacing one 6 months that I was never given. I have been looking for this lost fob for a week and pretty sure its gone forever. That'll be over $300 sir. SMH.
If that's for an OG 9-3, all you need is a cut key for about $55 from esaabparts.com and a used set of "guts" and a used key back. If you can't find yours, drop me a line. I have at least one spare of each I will sell for short money.

Ypu will need someone with a Tech II to reprogram the car/keys.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts