SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 days ago, my 2003 9-3 2.0T started accelerating poorly (like I can't even speed up to get into traffic) after it's warm.

For the first 10 minutes (until the temp needle reaches the middle) it's fine. I can accelerate / the turbo gauge climbs to almost red and have full power.

After the car is warm, the turbo needle never goes above mid and the car accelerates very, very slowly. No difference if I step on the gas all the way.

Turn it off for a moment, and it's fine until it realizes it's warm. Let it cool and it's fine again until warm. Based on what I've read about "limp mode" there's a physical spring that needs resetting - so I can't imagine that's what it is, since it's fine again until warm and I'm not physically resetting anything.

I reset everything (battery unplugged overnight) and it's still the same.

Of course CEL is on (it always is) but I don't have a code reader.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

·
Super Moderator
20,432 Posts
Go to an autoparts store and ask to use their reader. It is free. Bring back the code or codes. It will be PXXXX where Xs are numbers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could this have something to do with it? (I'll reconnect this, once the engine has cooled, and let you know)

·
Super Moderator
20,432 Posts
Could this have something to do with it? (I'll reconnect this, once the engine has cooled, and let you know)

Definitely. May need to be replaced.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts