SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm currently eyeing up some new 17" alloys. Thing is I'm not sure at the moment if they are 7" or 7.5" wide. They are 35 - 38 offset and I know 35 is the limit on 7.5" rims.
So first question is, how can the wheel have a variable offset?
Secondly, if they are 7" does that mean this offset will fit comfortably?
Also they have a bore of 63.4, not seen this measurement before with regards to wheels, I think the 9000 has a bore of 65.1 but what exactly does this mean and will they fit?

Thanks for your help, tis prooving a helluva job to find suitably decent black alloys.

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
hmmm difficult this one, i would say that the bore is the hole in the centre of the wheel that fits over the hub, if the wheel bore is less than the hub it wont fit unless you machine it to the right size as for the off set, this has always been a black art to me that i have never got to the bottom of :roll:

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
boxman said:
if the wheel bore is less than the hub it wont fit unless you machine it to the right size
can this be done? I know we are only talking a gnats knacker but will that not weaken what is already a lightweight wheel? ( Rimstock Pro Race 1.2)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Does the bore matter? From memory mine is some distance away from the hub, I could be wrong though, I did have my wheels off today but I do not have to remove the center cap.
The best way to find out is to go to a good wheel dealer , the one I went to would not order mine until he fitted one to the car first.
This saved me a lot of hassle as i was about to order the set I wanted online
daspite checking offsets etc. I would have required spacers and longer bolts.

Steve

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thing is, I've set my heart on a certain style that Rimstock dont have in stock and I'm kind of impatient and dont want to lay out the cash that custom made are gonna demand:roll: , so I have to trawl the dealers and second hand ads nationwide, so try before I buy aint really gonna be an option.

Hows the turbo coming along? Seen your post elsewhere and you expect 340bhp +, does that mean with my 2.3 I can expect more:eek: ?

I'm about to join the club too:cheesy:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Andyaero said:
Hows the turbo coming along? Seen your post elsewhere and you expect 340bhp +, does that mean with my 2.3 I can expect more:eek: ?

I'm about to join the club too:cheesy:
Turbo's doing fine, fitted and driven :cheesy: even as a straight swap it is much faster than the T28 I had. just waiting for the software now which was shipped on Wednesday then I can fit the Green Giants, Mapsensor and high pressure fuel regulator.

340 was the minimum I was told to expect :D I will have to find out at the dyno. I read on a US site that a tech. chap at ATP Tubo claimed that 370 was very possible and at a push 400 could be reached!

We all know that rated figures are conservertive, I have heard of a T25 running 320 and was sold "still running" after 12 months.

I think the tourque is what you will notice, more aggressive :lol:

Steve

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
semyhr said:
what do you guys think about these rims on a black 9k aero?
This is the problem I am having.
I too have a black 9000 Aero and most black wheels nowadays seem to be this half black half chrome jobby....................far too Honda Civic/fast n furious n ricer for my tastes I'm afraid.
Straight all black for me please, but each to their own.

·
Registered
640 Posts
well the chrome lip gives it a little bling bling. we don't have these here around that much - have seen similar only on two cars - on a prelude and on a porsche cayenne ;) so I would like to go for these. all black rims I am affraid will be hard to notice at all on a black car so I would go for silver rims if not the chrome lip.

·
Registered
640 Posts
That is good as well, but I am still young and dumb and want to have these as I know it is about the last time I would buy such rims :D

·
Registered
640 Posts
btw are rims and tyres expensive in UK as well? was browsing some US webshops and damn it is cheap over there - set of R17 wheels with tyres costs approx 800$.

tyres that cost over there 70$ are here for 160$.. anyway shipping just one set for me wouldn't pay off.

---

hehe thanks :) if you wish to install HIDs don't go for 8k.. 6k is the max I would set up if I did it again.

·
Registered
640 Posts
pretty much the same as here. about those HIDs - 8k looks a bit better on a black car, but the light it gives out won't be that good

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well, just got myself a set of these in 7" x 17", and shod with 215/40x17 Kumho Ecsta Supras ( not my tyre of choice but OK for a freebie:cheesy: )

:cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
640 Posts
look just like mines, but entirely black. very nice :) have you got any pictures with them on your SAAB? would be great to see them before I get mines - anyway will have to wait 5 weeks for them to get here from USA :(

1 - 20 of 67 Posts