SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I did a search to see if this has been mentioned before and found nothing; if this is old news my apologies. The Alldata on-line service info yearly subscription (this is offered by Autozone in the US; http://www.alldatadiy.com) for my '99 9-5 includes answers to many questions I come across while reading on the forum. Today I used it to hardwire a radar detector; it took me right to the right wire colors and locations in the overhead panel. It includes all kinds of info on Tech 2 programming; menus and options for key transponder and remote programming, radio divorcing and marrying, customizing alarm and lighting settings etc as well as a good overview of how Tech 2 works. It also includes tech bulletins, a TWICE operation summary, data buss explanations, service codes, wiring color code info, diagrams, exploded views and lots of other stuff taken directly from the Saab factory service manual. Subscriptions are $25 a year for the first vehicle with discounts for additional cars and renewals. I have all four of our vehicles signed up and use it on a near-daily basis. The ability to print stuff out and then just discard the greasy paper after working on the car (no service literature stays clean and readable for long) is probably its biggest advantage over paper manuals; a laptop with a wireless connection allows access even on the road should the unexpected occur. Last week I was able to solve an electrical issue on my Pathfinder in ten minutes which would otherwise left me stranded next to the road 300 miles from home; this more than paid for this year's subscription for all four vehicles!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts