SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about to pull the trigger and get new tires for the viggen. But, im at a split between the continental extremecontact DWS and the Toyo proxes 4. Any thoughts? keep in mind that i do live in New England. I know that the DWS are better in snow, but would i be compromising too much performance?

·
Registered
366 Posts
i just installed my second set of the pirelli p6's.

in my opinion they are great all season tires even in the snow.

the proxes 4 are nice tires and i think if you went with those you would be happy.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I currently have the Conti's and I am extremely pleased with them. I did have Nokian snow tires, but they were wore and so I just went with a good all season. They have good performance, but I have never had a designated summer tire simply because I do not trust Minnesota weather.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
update* just got the continental extreme contact DWS on this morning. so far, they seem like a great tire. although the sidewall is softer than i would have liked, with the upcoming snow i feel much more comfortable.

·
Registered
818 Posts
i have the ews contis on my 2002 se 'vert and agree

The sidewalls seem soft, but that's a plus for me, the ride has improved tremendously. I have a second set of Goodyear snows which are still in the basement, may switch the weekend,

Best,

John

·
Registered
333 Posts
First drive on snow with the Conti's and I was thoroughly impressed! Coming from a set of Nokians last winter (Best route if you have two sets of wheels/tires) I was thoroughly pleased with these! I just wish my parking brake worked so I could get a little more slide action out.

I did have a set of Kuhmo ASX's before the Conti's and I was not at all impressed with their winter handling, hence the Nokians.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
My Conti's stiffened up after a little while. I think it's more new tire squirm than it is softness. They were very nice after a while -then they got noisy, out of round, and wore out prematurely :-(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts