SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My position, brake, and turn signal light are not working. I replaced the bulbs and they still are not working.

All the right side lights ARE working, as is the left hand side reverse light.

The three non-working lights and some of the right hand side lights track back to a green relay in the trunk. The relay looked good upon inspection and should be good since the right side lights are working.

I'm beginning to think it's something in the harness between the relay and the lights?

Has anybody been down this road before?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My position, brake, and turn signal light are not working. I replaced the bulbs and they still are not working.

All the right side lights ARE working, as is the left hand side reverse light.

The three non-working lights and some of the right hand side lights track back to a green relay in the trunk. The relay looked good upon inspection and should be good since the right side lights are working.

I'm beginning to think it's something in the harness between the relay and the lights?

Has anybody been down this road before?
Has anybody got any ideas to this problem? I have a 1998 93 conv with the same issue. I have replaced all of the bulbs, checked all fuses, condition of the looms etc. No joy HELP!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no one responded but i fixed it myself.

I pulled out the rear light assembly and disconnected it from the wiring harness. Looking at the connector (to the harness) I saw that one of the lines had shorted out and destroyed one of the pins (of 4) on the connector.

So I ran a piece of heavy wire from before the connector, around and bypassing the connector, and to the other wire. The 3 wires that were damaged remained.

All you need is a wire stripper, some wire, pliers, solder, soldering iron, and some flux. Took me 15 minutes.

NOTE: unplug the battery when you do this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.